Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liverpool City Rugby League

Ordered mine form WHSMITH and it was here on Tuesday 28th. Very well put together it is too.

HUYTON R.L.F.C. GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Hi,
    there was a full hour with former Liverpool City players and the author on Radio Merseyside last week - Thursday 4th Dec 7pm - 8pm Alan Jackson plus RL guests,
    Did anyone record this? or know how to find it online as BBC radio Merseyside doesn't seem to have it available.

thanks
    Dave

Hi all,
    I've been looking through my dad's old programmes (he played for Liverpool City from 1963 - 1968) then one season for Huyton before retiring.
    He played almost 100 games but only has around 65 programmes from the games he played.

Does anyone know where I can get these missing programmes? I scour ebay but would prefer to buy them from a collector or fan looking to offload them to a new home.

It would be great to hear from anyone with just one or a load of the programmes!

Liverpool City Aug 63 - May 68
    Huyton Aug 68 - May 69

Obviously, I will buy thses and cover all postage costs.
    Also, any RL programme websites or contacts would be useful.

regards
    Dave Johnson

djohnsonmedia@blueyonder.co.uk

I know Huyton revived for a year as an amateur club in the Merit League in 2009, would be great to revive Liverpool City as an amateur club in the Merit League 2011, provided a pitch could be found, assume Alt Park couldnt but revived as a Rugby Pitch.

Help!!!! Can anyone here please help me find an ex player for Liverpool Stanley in any programme, literature or memories. HIs name was Ernest Walter Dalton, he was born in 1925 and played for Liverpool Stanley sometime between the 40's and 50's, possibly even the 60's. I've tried every possible approach to locate him playing for Stanley so if any of you kind hearts on this great site can help I'd be greatly appreciated, regards Steve.

Breaking news - there are now three rugby community league clubs in Liverpool (Liverpool Buccaneers, Liverpool Lions and Liverpool Storm) and one in Knowsley (Kirkby Cougars).

Buccaneers open age team will be playing in the RLC NW Premier division in 2011; they are also looking to run a merit league squad - www.liverpoolbuccaneers.co.uk

Lions junior teams play at De La Salle Academy (Croxteth) - www.liverpoollionsrlfc.co.uk

Storm junior teams play at Hope Park Sports (Childwall) - www.pitchero.com/clubs/liverpoolstormrlfc

Cougars junior squad play at St Laurence's Primary School - www.pitchero.com/clubs/kirkbycougarsrlfc

Please contact John Farrell for more information on rugby league development in Liverpool and Knowsley - 07812 986795 or john.farrell4@liverpool.gov.uk

I have developed a hobby of colouring old photos and had a go at this one of City v St Helens in 1966 from "The Book".

The reason this is important to me is that there, to the right of the photo, wearing the green and white scarf his aunt knitted, is a 14-year-old me

Well done George, cracker that.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I remember it well. I used to go to all the home matches at Knotty Ash with my Father. There was an old green scoreboard at what I think was the northern end of the ground, and the clubhouse with seating on the east. The rest of the ground was terraced embankments, with old tin shelters behind the posts by the scoreboard, and I think on the west side of the ground. I do not have any photos of the ground, but I do have autographs of the team from 1960.

Liverpool City Rugby League Club training Saturday mornings 11.00am-12.30pm (1st session 22nd Oct 2011) at Wavertree Playground all new & experienced players welcome at this new inner city based amateur Rugby League team. See website for more details.

Liverpool City RL Team (2011) will play their first fixture on Sunday 4th December, 1pm kick-off at Hope Park Sports (Taggart Avenue, Childwall). Their opponents are Chester Gladiators and the team will be playing in traditional green & white shirts.

All interested people are welcome to attend.

I'm now in NZ. I first went to Knotty ASh When I was 14. City played SWinton and lost 8 -3. The first game of league i ever saw. Looking back, it wasn't a particularly good game, but I thought it was wonderful

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

A group of us from my school (Holt High School at Childwall fiveways) used to attend City's games at Knotty Ash regularly. City lost most of their games, But how we loved the ones they won.
    Some of the players I remember - Dave Cox (fullback), Jack Wood (centre), Bill (Pongo) Reilly (prop),
    Wilf O'Mara (hooker).

Highlight - the time City beat Warrington - 1954 I think it was. Warrington were top of the league and won the league-Cup double that year. And City (bottom of the league) beat them 5- 2 at Knotty Ash.
    Try and penalty by Jack Wood. Just before the end ,with City hanging on grimly, us boys were screaming for the ref to blow time. What an upset!!
    The City team that day: Dave Cox: Bennett, Jack Wood, Oliver Teggin , Bill Adair: Harry Green, Wally Parkes: Ken Moss, Frank Hudson, Welsby, Frank Collier, Doug Holland, Frank Griffin.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234