Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Famous Anfielders

Smile Famous Anfielders

Hey all, does anyone know any famous people from anfield and where they lived?

History One Person's Perception

Gerard

""""
    Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks gerard your a star mate
    History One Person's Perception

As far as I know Alison Steadman was from Anfield. She went to Pinehurst school.

Pete Doherty is half Anfielder .. his mum was from around here and was in my class at school.

There will be some other famous people form Anfield .. I'll have to get my thinking cap on.

There is an actress from Anfield, she's usually in comedies - can't think of her name - - she is a well known face -- she was in a L'pool based sit-com called Brothers McGregor .. or something like that. Paul Barber was in it.

She was also in Dinner Ladies.

Anyway, I have seen her around Anfield on more than one occassion. Her family must still be living here.
    Last edited by lindylou; 07-12-2007 at 06:20 PM.

I Googled 'Brothers McGregor' - the actress is Jackie Downey and she played the part of Glenys. I can't find a photo of her tho'

Actor Neil Fitzmaurice, of Eyes Down, Going Off Big Time and Phoenix Nights still lives in Anfield.

I think Ian St. John lived in Dinorwic Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke the Scouser View Post
    I think Ian St. John lived in Dinorwic Road.

According to St Johns autobiography he moved straight to a house in Maghull which he rented off the club, although there were certainly many Liverpool players who lived in lodgings the streets surrounding Anfield in the early days of their Liverpool careers. For instance, in the late 1930s Billy Liddell lived at 20 Dinorwic Road, which was run by a Mrs Doig, widow of keeper Ned Doig who played for Liverpool in 1904-5.
    Last edited by SteH; 07-15-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Tommy Smith was born in Arkles Lane but soon moved to Buckingham St in Everton then Lambeth Rd in Kirkdale.

John Barnes lived in a flat above the dentist in Priory rd.

Billy Lidell is who I meant sorry.

Silly me saying St. John.

Default Matt McQueen Liverpool Goalkeeper.Me Ken Berry

Hi All,
    Matt McQueen lived in Kemlyn Road,he was one of the early 1900 goalkeepers.He lost a leg in a road accident I think it was My Grandad Pa reckoned he and Elisha were very similar.I knocked around with his two sons.Billy and I think it was Doug.
    Now the laugh I played for the "B", "A",and 4 games for the "Reserves" was offered to sign just a few months before Ronnie Moran.I was an Apprentice Engineer and due to go to Scotland to finish my apprenticeship and Mum said "NO".I had received an invite by Everton to go for trials on a Tuesday a week after the letter arrived.Got the invite from the Reds the following day.Dad said go to Everton and you ship out.He meant it.When Mum said no about the signing.I went to Scotland a month later and My sisters said Dad never spoke to mum till they won the cup in 65.While in Scotland I Played for Kilsyth Rangers,signing on fee and a couple of quid a week.I had to travel from Kirkintilloch (Rob Roy Country) it took me and hour and a half from Paisley where I was in the B & W hostel.I got on the Bus after a home game and this Broad voiced Scotsman sat nexted to me and said he was the coach of Grimsby Town and what was I doing when I finished my apprenticeship.Would I be going back to Liverpool to play and I said "No I was going to sea" Laddie no come to Grimsby he was shocked I think by my answer.He asked me were I had learnt to twist and turn and use my other arm when having to dive.It gives you another 6 plus inches of reach.I told him it was a Mr Charlie Lord who was a Gymnast.He said thats something new he wanted to find more about that.We got to Glasgow and he wished me well.Went to sea and when I was doing my ticket Liverpool lent me to Prescot Cables,s they weren't interested as I was going to live in NZ when I finished my ticket.
    !974 went pack to the Pool with my NZ wife and one daughter.Took them to Anfield as had been in touch with Ronnie Moran.We were walking round the pitch and John Toshack was doing a bit of training to see if he was fit for the game against Arsenal on the Saturday.He came over and were talking,when "The Boss'' started to come across with my wife and Ronnie went to introduce me.He just looked at me and said "Your the lad that played for Kilsyth Rangers and was going to sea.Good job you did lad they would have blamed you for going down and laughed" That was 21 years after our bus trip.What a memory and then he said " Ray Clemence learned to roll and think he got it better than you in the end.Then of all things he said Your "Lady has just seen the Trophy Room and has change to a soccer and Liverpool supporter and has given Rugby away" Thats as it really happened and what a memory that man had.And What a MAN.
    Best Regards Jolly and Merry Christmas and Happy and Prosperous New Year.Ken B
    ps would have loved to have had a yarn with Brian Reade the guy who wrote."In Love with the same bird for 40 years"

BILLY BUTLER (Mrs Butlers Eldest)

White Rock Street, Liverpool 6.

Phredd
    In the days when we had nothing we had fun.
    If tomorrow starts without me, remember I was here.

talking of radio DJ's - Tony Snell is from Anfield.

Partsky

Alexei Sayle lived in Anfield. Was it somewhere like Robarts or Valley Road?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast