Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 5 of 8

Thread: Insanitary Housing Images

  1. #1
    Creator & Administrator Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Under The Stairs >> Under The Mud.
    Posts
    7,488
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Thumbs up Insanitary Housing Images

    Here's a selection of images of Liverpool insanitary housing conditions, courtesy of LRO.

    1) 1-7a wilmott terrace
    2) Ashfield cottages tenements latimer street vaxhall
    3) Burlington street number 11 court
    4) Gildart gardens
    5) Grafton street upper mann street

    6) Inside ashfield cottages tenements latimer street vaxhall
    7) Mount vernon view number 4 court
    8) Reading street tenements
    9) Vipod street passage

    Advertisements -------
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-7a wilmott terrace.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	20241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ashfield cottages tenements latimer street vaxhall.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	20242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burlington street number 11 court.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	20243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gildart gardens.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	20244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grafton street upper mann street.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	20245  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside ashfield cottages tenements latimer street vaxhall.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	20246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount vernon view number 4 court.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	20247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reading street tenements.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	20248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vipod street passage.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	20249  
    Become A Supporter 👇


    Buy Me A Coffee




    Donate Via PayPal


    Donate


  2. #2
    Pablo42 pablo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallasey
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Here's a selection of images of Liverpool insanitary housing conditions, courtesy of LRO.

    1) 1-7a wilmott terrace
    2) Ashfield cottages tenements latimer street vaxhall
    3) Burlington street number 11 court
    4) Gildart gardens
    5) Grafton street upper mann street

    6) Inside ashfield cottages tenements latimer street vaxhall
    7) Mount vernon view number 4 court
    8) Reading street tenements
    9) Vipod street passage
    Anyone know what the rails down the middle of Ashfield Cottage tenements are. Can't see it being tram lines or railway lines.

  3. #3
    George
    Guest George's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Anyone know what the rails down the middle of Ashfield Cottage tenements are. Can't see it being tram lines or railway lines.
    By the looks of the terrain it looks as though there was other buildings there prior to the ones that are there now?

  4. #4
    Pablo42 pablo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallasey
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    By the looks of the terrain it looks as though there was other buildings there prior to the ones that are there now?
    Yes, you could well be right. They don't look like new buildings, so the track would have to be very old. Don't seem to figure.

  5. #5
    George
    Guest George's Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Yes, you could well be right. They don't look like new buildings, so the track would have to be very old. Don't seem to figure.
    Look I'll let you into a secret here Pab's

    If yer look closely at the far side its not a steel runner...its the edge of the pavement you can see the paving slabs.

    The other side is the same except the paving has been up and the edging has been left in place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pre-Slum Clearances Housing Images
    By Kev in forum Kev's Liverpool History and Pictures
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 04:16 PM
  2. Insanitary Housing Images
    By Kev in forum Kev's Liverpool History and Pictures
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68