Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woburn House Old Swan??????

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by tmg View Post
    Just in response to comments earlier in year,
    I was told recently (after buying a house where the old one used to be) that it fell into disrepair and collapsed in the 1930s. It was identical to number 12 (i think) on the same road. Also the person that I was talking to says that they have pictures of the house. If still interested let me know

)
    Hi tmg

Im still very interested in the house. you say they have a picture, could you post it here?

Tony

Default hello

Woburn House, Tavistock Square leafy vegetables in the north end is located in the heart of Bloomsbury. This is a small, intimate meeting rooms to a large number of privacy and to break with a large conference room is full of areas you out, you need to Woburn House Conference Center to accommodate you attractive option.

about on you are what

Hwta ?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Wo Burn it baby
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

I used to live in Woburn House, Woburn Hill Stoneycroft until we moved to Hoylake in 1955, my father sold it to a developer and it was raised to the ground and they built on the land.
    The house was a big old Georgian house with big pillars at the front and a long winding stairway made from mahogany I remember. if anybody can tell me anything about it and/or has any photographs I would love to hear from them.
    Jennifer nee McShane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaney View Post
    I used to live in Woburn House, Woburn Hill Stoneycroft until we moved to Hoylake in 1955, my father sold it to a developer and it was raised to the ground and they built on the land.
    The house was a big old Georgian house with big pillars at the front and a long winding stairway made from mahogany I remember. if anybody can tell me anything about it and/or has any photographs I would love to hear from them.
    Jennifer nee McShane.
    I think there's an old thread on here,about this house,and that area.Try the search box.!

Default WOBURN HOUSE

Hi Tony,
    My family owned Woburn House up until 1955 when we moved to Hoylake, it was a massive old Georgian mansion, though it was in a bad state of repair. We were a family of 7 children and I have quite a few memories of the house although I was 8 when we left. Opposite were police houses but I don't know when they were built.

My Father sold the house which was razed to the ground and new houses where built on the land. Did you ever find out any more about the house?

JENNIFER

Hi Jen

Great info.

Sorry I have been unable to find anything out or a photo. The Police houses are still there although the Policemen are now gone. They were built not long after WW2. Nothing else?

Tony
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12