Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kirkdale

Default kirkdale

http://www.kirkdaleonline.co.uk/full_list.htm

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Libertarian

Kirkdale is a very poor area but the people are some of the nicest in Liverpool.

I can't see why more isn't done for this neglected area. For example round Wesy Road there's loads of empty land why aren't decent family houses being built there for a reasonable price?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    Kirkdale is a very poor area but the people are some of the nicest in Liverpool.
    Thank you Suburban ......only Joking but my neighbours are all very nice people
    Mandy
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Libertarian

My Gran lived on the Easby estate for years and I saw it decline. When she moved there from Scottie Road there were loads of lovely people in the flats but as time went by bad people moved in. Eventually they just knocked the lot down. Loads of the older people still live around Lambeth Street in the new houses and there are still strong communities all over Kirkdale but the area gets absolutely NOTHING. No one speaks up for Kirkdale and whilst other areas of Lpool have got investment in recent years such as Bootle Kirkdale has got nothing.

My in laws live in the flower streets, drank in the Pansy and Lighthouse for years but go into town now instead. Ma-in-laws parents lived in the flats on Rollo st, the Estate. These houses on Fountains road have seen better days and have been derelict like this for years. Wessy Road baths was where we went a few times, there's lots of run down property with flats above along there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fountains rd.jpg 
Views:	1454 
Size:	800.8 KB 
ID:	3466  

Libertarian

I used to like the Old Bill boozer. I used to play on the Rek in the early 80's.

Surely the council must own the land around St John's church? So why don't they sell it to someone willing to build family homes?

Blog Entries

when they do spend money on our area it is a total waste,a few weeks ago they put up a wire fence between mine & my next door neighbours house,there is no point in it at all & stops the children from playing in what used to be a small childrens playground,I have a 5 year old & my next door neighbours daughter is handicapped so now they have nowhere play
    we recently had Alley gates put up as our street was a short cut between Westminister Rd & Walton Rd but no-one can see any reason why this fence has been put up
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Yeah but, no ,yeah but it was your neighbour who requested that Mandy

I've lived in Kirkdale for the last 7 years, an it's the longest i've ever lived anywhere in my adult life.

Just a shame there's no regeneration.

They started along Vauxhall Road, and stopped at Lambeth Road, then it all stated again just over the border in Bootle.

We've had all kinds of meetings with councillors, about getting CPO's on the flower street houses, but they don't want to know.

Oh and has anyone seen the car in the canal by the park bit of Commercial Road? I have reported this to British Waterways 3 times and even been in touch with the Echo, but it's still there.

Ron Formby of the Scottie Press knows all about it and is always highlighting stuff like this and kids using trail bikes on the grass and churning it all up. The parents need to know what their kids are up to, the community bobbies do their bit to talk in schools etc but you hardly ever see any when you need them but the good people of the area, their area are the ones who have to do something about it, there's more of them.

Trouble is, parents often don't care, and without parent co-operation it must be very difficult.

Default Kirkdale.

I dont live in Kirkdale,but i know a lot of nice people who do,I sailed with some of them and still have drink in town with some of them,good mates.
    but were I live is much the same,they are regenerating a field for the kids,
    sports,swings,etc,but overgrown yobo"s are the trouble,not the parents.
    The police know who they are,but cant catch them redhanded,and people
    are scared to say anything,its a sad era.
    Ernie.

I think there are plenty of parents who have to take responsibility. You see yobs racing motorbikes and quadbikes round with no respect for locals, but who buys them the bikes in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    My in laws live in the flower streets, drank in the Pansy and Lighthouse for years but go into town now instead. Ma-in-laws parents lived in the flats on Rollo st, the Estate. These houses on Fountains road have seen better days and have been derelict like this for years. Wessy Road baths was where we went a few times, there's lots of run down property with flats above along there.
    Sometimes when I look at the flower streets I wonder if you knocked the bottom house down the rest would all topple over.

Default Just a reminder........

For anyone living in the Kirkdale, Everton or Anfield areas in particular - this may be of interest to you.

Then and now concerns personal memories of the area by local residents. Us and them is about Scotalnd Road in the 1960s. Yellow Breck Road concentrates on the Anfield districts whilst reflections is old photos of Liverpool set to music and both dvd's are available for purchase from the Rotunda. Gardens of Stone covers living in the tenements and city centre living in the 20th century. My model will be on display too.

Saturday 10th from 12 noon at the Rotunda - Gt. Mersey Street.

I know some Scottie Press, Scouse House and Skyscraper city forumers will be in attendance and Roger Phillips (as the official launcher) will be mentioning it on his programme today.

Come and join us to launch our new book and film ‘Then and Now’, about Rotunda and its surroundings and join in our Local History Film Festival

Saturday 10th November 2007
    12 noon ‘til 5pm
    At Rotunda,
    Gt, Mersey St - Kirkdale.

Roger Phillips will toast the official launch at 1pm

Spend the afternoon seeing short films from North Liverpool
    You can even make a donation and take a selection of the films home
    (a great Christmas Present)

Films showing include:

Boys From The White Stuff A film about Tate & Lyle
    Us & Them Scotland Road in the 70’s
    4 Corners Local people’s memories of significant events in their lives