Hi to all
I became a member a few days ago and I have now decided to post onto this page. Below is what I have already found out about my Jenkins lot - and it does go on a bit, but hope someone out there can help.

I was always told by my father, he died in 1884, that the family were from the Everton area of Liverpool.

My paternal grandfather James Jenkins was married in 1902 in Liverpool to Charlotte Ellen Dodd, his age on his marriage certificate says 22 - which would make his birth year c.1880. His father is also shown as James and both of their occupations are down as carters.
On the 1911 Census James and Charlotte, along with 3 of his children are shown living in Howe Street, Liverpool. His age is 31, born Liverpool, this also means his birth year is c.1880.
James died in 1937, age shown as 59 - this now makes his birth year as c.1878.
All references to James and his children on their bmd’s relate to him being called James.
I sent for the only 2 birth certs for 1878/1882 for a James Jenkins, one has come back with the parents James and Sara Ann (nee Messenger), but their son married Annie Reynolds, and the James belonging to my grandfather married Elsie Archer - so not the correct family.
The 2nd one came back with father Thomas and mother Margaret, so probably not him.
My problem is he married in 1902, on the 1911 Census and died in 1937 but can I find his birth - no. I also do not know if he had any siblings that I could use to track him down by.
I also found on the Census records for 1881 in Hornby Street,1891 inTeulon Street and 1901 in either Ashfield Cottages or Jersey Street, Everton two James Jenkins families all having the mother called Elizabeth. I have since discovered that the Teulon Street and Ashfield Cottages families the mother’s maiden name was (Carrol), the one in Jersey Street I do not have any maiden name for. There are no, or I cannot find any marriages for a James and Elizabeth for these two families.

Can anyone help or suggest were to go from here
Thanks
Alex