Thread: Olive Tree Street

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Olive Tree Street

Hello

Does anybody have an older street map that shows the location of Olive Tree Road, Wavertree?

If so, can you tell me where it was located?

My wife discovered that her Grandparents lived there in 1934.
    Neither of my copies of the AtoZ Liverpool (the oldest being Edition 3) have it indexed.

Thanks

Ed

Location Kensington drone_pilot's Avatar

Hi Ed, According to my copy of Burrow's pointer guide map of Liverpool 1966.

This is what your after, Olivetree road(all one word) I have marked it with a gray circle, near the top right.

Last edited by drone_pilot; 06-02-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Ill take a trip over there tommorow and see whats left.

Hi drone_pilot

Many thanks for your answer. It appears to be the only road missing in that area in my AtoZs. It will be interesting if you can find any remains.

Thanks again

Ed

Well i was most surprised, the road itself is a cau-de-sac set in a nice area,

entrence,

Looking in to the Cau-de-sac,

Looking back from the end,

Olivetree Road is indexed in the following A-Z:
    Edition 2A (Part Revision) 1998. This Edition is in colour.

I have the Edition 3 and Olivetree Road doesn't appear on the map nor in the street index. This black and white Edition is undated, but was published earlier than 2A.

drone_pilot

We really appreciate your efforts. The pictures are excellent. As you say it is still an impressive road. I guess in the 30s it was still quite new. It certainly looks a lot better than my old road in Dovecot.http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif

My wife's grand-father not was exactly poor. He had managed and owned a number of cinemas in Liverpool through-out the 20's and 30's. He died sometime before 1938, as my wife never met him.

Marky

Thanks for the info. Funny that it is missing from the B&W edition but re-appears in the later edition.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by EdF View Post
    drone_pilot

We really appreciate your efforts. The pictures are excellent. As you say it is still an impressive road. I guess in the 30s it was still quite new. It certainly looks a lot better than my old road in Dovecot.http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif

My wife's grand-father not was exactly poor. He had managed and owned a number of cinemas in Liverpool through-out the 20's and 30's. He died sometime before 1938, as my wife never met him.

Marky

Thanks for the info. Funny that it is missing from the B&W edition but re-appears in the later edition.
    I will probably have his name and details of what cinemas he had in my notes.
    If you want to keep it private, pm me.

Default Olive tree road

My grand parents the Siddalls bought 14 Olive tree road and lived in it through the war and up untill 67 As a small boy I used to go and stay there in the sixties ,there was a chippy round the corner owned by a George Lord .A real old Liverpool comedian he used to line up all the kids on a wooden box and tell us he was making budgie pie,and give us all free chips