Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Slemen in Saturday Night's Echo

I am not a skeptic but there are some stories In them books that are too fairy tale like.

My dad was a bouncer on the original Cavern and thought that Devil In the Cavern story was crap.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Cadfael

sLemon has surpassed himself now. Just picked up a copy of the latest Merseymart (allerton) to see him talking about a Monster on the field which borders Childwall Valley Road and Barnham Drive in 1963. My mum lived in Dominic Close (which the alleyway faces opposite the field) from birth and so did her three siblings and after asking her if she remembered the story - she laughed and said she had never heard of such tripe as she would have remembered.

sLemon then goes and gives the game away by saying that one of the boys said that it was coming from the area of Jackson's pond. Seeing as Jackson's pond is on the edge of Gateacre by the Falstaff Pub, he must have had really good eyesight to see something which is about a 10 min walk away directly through houses and cottages which have been standing there since the day dot.

Cad. I'm afraid you may have to grin and bear the fact that TS might be correct in their being monsters on the field - check this out. That's an awfully big un'.

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/GW-Orchid-Pat084.jpg
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    sLemon has surpassed himself now. Just picked up a copy of the latest Merseymart (allerton) to see him talking about a Monster on the field which borders Childwall Valley Road and Barnham Drive in 1963. My mum lived in Dominic Close (which the alleyway faces opposite the field) from birth and so did her three siblings and after asking her if she remembered the story - she laughed and said she had never heard of such tripe as she would have remembered.

sLemon then goes and gives the game away by saying that one of the boys said that it was coming from the area of Jackson's pond. Seeing as Jackson's pond is on the edge of Gateacre by the Falstaff Pub, he must have had really good eyesight to see something which is about a 10 min walk away directly through houses and cottages which have been standing there since the day dot.

yeah, I read it too. It's ridiculous ! The monster was supposed to be Pan playing the flute

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    I have a few liverpool books from the 80`s i think. Liverpool Murders, Liverpool Oddities etc.

Most of those stories have ended up in Slemen`s books
    Yes, they were written by Richard Whittington Egan, who Slemen lists as an inspiration...
    It is Accomplished

Cadfael

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Yes, they were written by Richard Whittington Egan, who Slemen lists as an inspiration...
    Where credit is due, most people who read about the Williamson's Tunnels before the net found it from the Whittington Egan books.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post

How was I noticed taking a bath In Jackson's pond?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123