I have noticed over the past few years a trend amongst some homeowners of plastering over their houses or painting them rediculous colours. It is most noticeable along roads like Townsend Avenue and queens drive, and down alot of side roads.
There will be a row of victorian/1920's terraces with original brickwork and the odd one will be covered completely in plaster which looks awful. There are also houses that are painted bright colours which basically look cheap and tatty and look even worse when they are left for years.
My fear is that this seems to be a growing trend which is permenantly scarring the city's landscape. Even large houses in places like aintree and newsham park are getting the same treatment.

Maybe I'm the only one that's noticed this problem, but it's something that really bugs me. There are alot of people that seem to have no taste. I can understand ex-council houses made from concrete blocks being plastered and some art deco buildings, but not pleasant terraces with great original brickwork and grand victorian houses with tonnes of original features.