Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heysmoor Heights

Default Heysmoor Heights

One of the tower blocks by Sefton Park, on the corner of Croxteth Road and Sefton Park Road. Work started a while back, ripping out all the insides, I thought it was being knocked down but boards went up a few weeks ago - it's being "upgraded" into luxury apartments.

Liverpool Skyscraper to get a Makeover

17-11-2006

Leading independent estate agency, City Residential has announced that is to launch an exciting new residential development within one of Liverpool’s tallest buildings.

Situated in Sefton Park, the fifteen storey Heysmoor Heights building, which measures 135 feet high, is to be completely transformed by FM Developments and converted into a modern apartment complex.

Following a complete transformation of the building, the new development will contain one and two bedroom luxury apartments, which City Residential has now released off-plan, priced from £99,999 for one bedroom and £109,999 for two bedroom apartments.

Steve Burns, managing director of City Residential commented, “The Heysmoor Heights building is in an excellent location near the stunning Sefton Park conservation area, and less than two and half miles from the city centre.

“We are offering buyers a rare opportunity to get in quick and purchase a luxury property in one of Liverpool’s most prestigious residential areas, at a surprisingly affordable price.”

The development is due for completion during late 2007 or early 2008.

For more information, please contact the sales team at City Residential on 0151 231 6100.
    Source

PhilipG

"One of Liverpool's tallest buildings".

At 135 feet.
    Yes that's feet, not metres.

Yes I noticed that too. Maybe no-one told them about Beetham

Default To be or not to be near Sefton Park

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    One of the tower blocks by Sefton Park, on the corner of Croxteth Road and Sefton Park Road. Work started a while back, ripping out all the insides, I thought it was being knocked down but boards went up a few weeks ago - it's being "upgraded" into luxury apartments.

Source
    Actually much nearer Princes Park which the block overlooks. Another example of estate agent hyperbole. I wonder how they'll get around the block's L8 post code.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    Actually much nearer Princes Park which the block overlooks. Another example of estate agent hyperbole. I wonder how they'll get around the block's L8 post code.
    I was surprised they kept the name Heysmoor Heights, which incidently, wasn't the original name (which I forget).

I wonder if they'll do the rest. £100,000 for these new apartments... how much were the old ones? Knock a few 0's off?

Blog Entries

Tower Block thread has a pic or two.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thanks Kev

scouserdave

Default Heysmoor Heights

Hi Folks,
    hope y'all well.

If anybody's interested in taking shots from the top of Heysmoor Heights in Greenheys Road, City Residential are having an open evening at the Solna Hotel, off Sefton Park on Thursday 26th July 2007 at 5.30pm before moving on to the development.

I can't make it, as I'll be in the Far East for a couple of weeks.

See Ya

Far East sounds good!

I like that hotel. Never stayed there, but had coffee there a few times. Don't think I'll be able to make it, but thanks for posting up the details.

Blog Entries

February 19th 2007

24th October 2007

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

PhilipG

It's looking good, but it's losing that 'Crown' look it had while the lifts were more prominent, and the upper two floors were open.

30 June 2007.

5 July 2007.
    From a bus.

Last edited by PhilipG; 10-24-2007 at 11:36 AM.

Blog Entries

It looks a lot better than the cheap stock design red brick corporation look it had. Have they knocked some floors off it?

It see they have installed external insulation and then clad it to change the look - what should be done to the Sandcastle.. The flats should be good and nice and warm. Those blocks were very well built with very strong structures. Sound insulation should be good too, having about one foot of concrete for the floors.

The block had 14 floors with 4 flats per floor. It seems they have added a couple of flats per floor.

The three blocks at Olive Mount Heights, at the Wavertree clock, should have been renovated by selling to a private company. They were in a nice area, would have sold and made money for the developer. The same with the 22 floor tower blocks at Newsham Park. They look smart too. Clowns run the city.
    Last edited by Waterways; 10-24-2007 at 02:08 PM.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Clowns have been running the city when it comes to housing for decades. All the high rise go out of the city centre then suddenly they're all back again in Hatton Garden, Tithebarn st, Leeds St and Marybone - this time though for the students.

I see how Wavertree Gardens, Myrtle Gardens, The Bullring, Nelson Street and Gt Richmond Street tenements were sold off, renovated and now have a new lease of life - Vauxhall Gardens have only been replaced with a modern like for like. What price would an apartment in the city centre in Gerard Gardens or Fontenoy Gardens be now.

I wonder what criteria H.A.T. looked at when deciding which tower blocks to demolish and which to keep.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Its in a good location but might be slightly overpriced but not to people who don't know the area (the target market?) Lovely views

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast