Thread: Webster Road School Edge Hill

Default Webster Road School Edge Hill

I attended this school from 1958 till 1964 and it has been knocked down in the last 3/4 years I think.
    Can anyone help with its past history and photo,s of the school.
    I think I have seen the school on the large 1891 o/s map but not 100% sure.
    Thank you

Hi x Kopite.

My Dad went to webster rd, in the early 50's his name was Billy Duvall, he had brothers Terry John, and a sister barbera.

im also looking for photos.

H Karl
    Your family went there before me, I have fond memories of the school.
    If you go on friends re united there are some pics of classes in the 1950s you may be lucky and spot some of yours.
    I have not been to the records office in Liverpool for some years, due to my wifes dissability.
    Its possible they may have some pics of the school.
    Lets know how you get on.

PhilipG

The Earle Infant School in Webster Road was opened in 1887.

I've got this in my notes, but don't know anything else.

PhilG

Thanks for that info.

I did not know Webster Road School was named Earle Infants.
    Maybe when they built Earle Road Secondry School Earle Infants took the name of Webster Road.

Webster Road held its centenary celebrations on the 30th June 1987

If its the same school its been down for around 3 years.
    The NHS are nearly finished building a centre therelooks terrible by the way
    There is a lot of building work around that area.L7 development and also on tunnel road they are building on the edge of the Chatsworth Estate

hi i went to this school from 1957 to 1963 i lived in freeman st wwnt to earle road from 1963 to 1967 my name is mike laidlaw

Hi you attended this school from 1958 to 1964 , I attended this from 1957 to 1963 .From this school i went to sefton park school 63 move to Earle road in 1965, what school do you go to ,I had friends in your year ....LINDA DAVIES BARBARA SMITH from mike.

Quote Originally Posted by michael laidlaw View Post
    Hi you attended this school from 1958 to 1964 , I attended this from 1957 to 1963 .From this school i went to sefton park school 63 move to Earle road in 1965, what school do you go to ,I had friends in your year ....LINDA DAVIES BARBARA SMITH from mike.
    Michael, I seem to remember your name, we were in the same year, my 2nd cousin Colin Peat lived on Freeman Street, I lived on Smithdown Road. We have had one or two reunions and I'm planning to arrange another in 2012 when we will all have reached 60. Check on the friends reunited website to possibly recognise some familiar names.

Hi Mike,
    I remember Barbara Smith, Gillian Prichard, Maureen Gorman, Danny Brown, Peter Jackson, Colin Mercer and loads more.
    The teacher's who taught me , Miss Dulson, Mr Bradley and Mr Myer's some I cannot remember.
    Dave

I went to Webster Rd, from about 1959 to 1964. My mother was the dinner lady, who looked after the kids in the play ground, her name was Mrs. Freeman.
    The Colomendy photo, the lad second from the left is George Thomas, next to him is myself Stan.

Hi Stan,
    I remember a lad called Freeman but the first name escapes me mate.
    Iam sure we must have been in the same class along with Danny Brown, Keith Fleetwood David Jacobs, Rita Ambrose, Susan Walsh etc
    I moved to Kirkby in 1963 but stayed on for my last year 1964 with Mr Bradley class 4B I think.
    This is an early school pic with me 4th from left, bottom row.
    You may see a few faces that you know.
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pop0001.JPG 
Views:	3418 
Size:	357.9 KB 
ID:	22178  

xkopite, Colin Mercer lived next door to me on Smithdown Road.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Stanfree, some of the teachers I remember on that photo are, Mr King headmaster, Miss Dulson, Miss Harkin, Mrs Harker, Mr Myers and Mr Eklund on the bottom right who provided me with this same photo and attended one of our reunions a few years ago. He returned to Aberystwyth to become a school inspector after a relatively short teaching career

Default ALAN STRANGE

Quote Originally Posted by xkopite View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I remember Barbara Smith, Gillian Prichard, Maureen Gorman, Danny Brown, Peter Jackson, Colin Mercer and loads more.
    The teacher's who taught me , Miss Dulson, Mr Bradley and Mr Myer's some I cannot remember.
    Dave
    HI MY NAME IS ALAN STRANGE AND I WAS AT WEBSTER RD AND EARL RD SCHOOLS FROM ABOUT 1956 TO 1961