Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brothers and sisters, can you help a 'newbie' ?

Hiya Red Tom......I live in Garston and I know the Davies family very well.....the attatchment you added gives the names of my dads neighbours...all lived in Moss Street,Garston until after WW2....so I KNOW ALL THEIR CHILDREN ( I am 60)...would you like to contact the family ????
    allan

Default DAVIES FAMILY

Hi I am am the grandaughter of kathleen Davies listed in your attachment, unfortunatly cyril, thomas, robert and mary have all past away, my nan kathleen is 85 now and lives in speke. i have heard many stories about anastacia and my late great grandpartents, any help I can give you I will.

Stacey Davies

Blog Entries

Ah, brer Tom. "You never walk alone."

Well done ladies and gent. There is nothing like neighbours and now and again that is a good thing.

Hiya Stacey....see you got my message....I will leave this in your capable hands....I presume Mary was May ??.....allan

I have been following this thread with some interest, since my mothers side of the family were also Davies's! not related to the one's mentioned here, sorry! but I would like to point out that there are a few 'Davies' families in Garston , two I know lived in Byron Street, many years ago, and another in Arthur St (opp Horrocks Ave/Speke Rd junction) and three Davies families lived in Speke Rd Gardens, probably a few more around. Hope I hav'nt confused the issue!! but thought it should be mentioned. Cheers everyone

That`s OK Norm....Red Toms attachment gives the 5 christian names of the family ...just lucky that my dad lived next door to them...so we have the right Davies family....for the record Norman I have a Garston Cof E 1946 class 2 photo in front of me ...I would say the kids are about 8 or 9....so born 1938/9....would that be your era ??....anyway it has every childs name on it....ie
    Ivor Williams
    Hilda Airey.....if you know any kids from that era , post some names and I`ll see if they are on the photo.....allan

Yeah! I may recognise some of the faces,! though younger than I was at the time, I was aged 14 in 1946. My schools were, Banks Rd, then Heath Rd, I'd love to see the photo if you can post it! Cheers. Norm.

Sorry Norm....it`s only a very bad photocopy, so it wouldn`t come out .....surnames for boys include
    Barlow /Mutch /Dunbavin /Cawley / Speake / Moore / Avery / Bates / Rutherford /Davies / Vogt / Whiteside / Milton/ Ireland
    allan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfive View Post
    Hiya Red Tom......I live in Garston and I know the Davies family very well.....the attatchment you added gives the names of my dads neighbours...all lived in Moss Street,Garston until after WW2....so I KNOW ALL THEIR CHILDREN ( I am 60)...would you like to contact the family ????
    allan
    Brother Allan,

I posted a request for help with any research into my wife's family tree and I must say that help was not slow in arriving!

However, I have to clarify the situation so far - the family members you refer to are all known to me, in fact we meet on a regrettably infrequent basis and indeed the last reunion produced the information I have to date. I am endeavouring to further this research and thanks to Sister Tillymint, I am well on the way.

I am now attempting to fill in some blank spaces while the talented Tilly does her sterling work and hopefully I will eventually be in a position to present to any interested family members a definitve history of the clan for their perusal.

I can't thank enough those members including yourself who have shown an interest and continue to assist me in my quest; genealogists are generous to a T it would seem!!

Thanks once again Brother Allan and hasta la vista.
    ~ Red Tom ~

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfive View Post
    Sorry Norm....it`s only a very bad photocopy, so it wouldn`t come out .....surnames for boys include
    Barlow /Mutch /Dunbavin /Cawley / Speake / Moore / Avery / Bates / Rutherford /Davies / Vogt / Whiteside / Milton/ Ireland
    allan
    Never mind Allan! thanks anyway, the names Barlow,Moore,Davies, whiteside, Ireland, are familier! good Garston names!! Cheers, Norm.

Hi Tom,
    Interesting that according to family knowledge Anastasia's mother was also an Anastasia. As I mentioned in 1911 there are only two Wall families with daughters named Anastasia and Mary and neither of those has a mother also named Anastasia.
    So it could be possible that the Anastasia Wall nee Kelly (aged 19 in 1901 therefore born about 1882) was actually Mary Catherines mother not her sister and possibly her mother (i.e. Mary Catherines grandmother) was also named Anastasia. Unfortunately Irish census's prior to 1901 were destroyed, some by the British on purpose and the rest in a fire at the records office. So tracing Anastasia Wall nee Kelly further back to find her living with her parents and sister Abbey Kelly via census records is not poss. If you want to try to narrow things down so that you can be more certain, a good next step would be for you to obtain Robert J Davies and Mary Catherine Walls marriage cert (reference numbers are in an earlier reply of mine) which will give you her Mary Catherine's fathers name or given you are fairly certain of her birth date you could also consider obtaining her birth cert from the dublin records office which would give both parents names.

Regarding Anastasia do you or Stacey have any idea of when she may have been born? Did she ever marry or have you any idea when she may have died ? that may help narrow the search.
    Regards
    Tilly

Blog Entries

Sister Tilly, it looks as if this line of enquiry has stalled for the time being, I will endeavour to scource more family info (if any is forthcoming) and let you know as and when.
    I am indebted to you for your kind help and when I am without my daughter's laptop, I will have lots of paperwork to be going on with.
    Thank you Sister T, and if you are agreeable, I have other stuff I am looking for ,if and when you are up for it, not that I want to take unfair advantage of your generosity.
    Ta ta for now Sister T. Tom.
    ~ Red Tom ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12