Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Family Tree

chippie

Default FOUND MY GREAT GREAT GRANDAD, YIPPEE

As some of you will know if you have read all the threads in the family tree sagas, I have been doing my tree for seven years now, starting with a chap, my great great grandad who came over from County Down in Northern Ireland in the 1860s

Today I recieved a photograph of him which turned out to be an original painting done on his retirement from the Liverpool Police Force in 1889.

I was so chuffed this morning when I got it, I had to take my medication.

Not only did I get a photo of him, but one of his son,s, which would be my great Uncle. I am absolutely over the moon at this, which goes to prove that there is hope for all you budding family tree makers and seekers. Keep at it folks.

This was from a source not even of my family line but of another strain. So sometimes it,s better to shed your net, so to speak a bit wider and try anyone or everyone who has your family name or has married into your family.

Good luck folks

Gnomie

Great news Chippie good on you.

I had a bit of luck when researching mine. somebody turned up with a pic of my great grandparents.

I am so pleased for you Chippie

But...............i am so jealous as well... Lol.

I now have all bar one Indian b certs for my Dads aunts and uncles, so i am getting there plus i have been in contact with a relation i found on a shipping list coming from India to London,she is quite elderly now and thought she had no relations in England !!!!!!!!!

Well Done to you

Jacky

chippie

Thank you gnomie and lady. keep on trying even though things get you down sometimes and searches are fruitless for hours of work.

Blog Entries

I received the marriage certificate of my Gtx3 grandparents yesterday only to find out they were married on September 22nd 1856 ,I was born on September 22nd 1968 & my sister was born on September 22nd 1970
    how about that for coincidence

does any one else have any strange coincidences while researching there tree?
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Well done Chippie , Bet your well chuffed ! I remember when i started doing my family tree & ordered my nan's birth cert , i couldn't wait for the post , when it finally arrived & i found my g grandads name , i kept saying it all day .. That's about as far as i got on that side though , his name !! no birth, marriage or death cert to be found anywhere just a name on my nans b cert .Having a photo would make my day .

Love Karen

Hi Robbo,
    My son & neice were born same day same hospital 1 hr apart, then Kate arrived 3 yrs later same date 18th July. The're very close but would like seperate 18th & 21st parties , Don't know how were gonna manage that though.

karen

My 4x great grandmother Amy Tracy was born on the same day as me in Connecticut in 1774. I was born exactly 200 years later on 19th August 1974. Amy's grandaughter Ellen (my 3 x great aunt) also married on the 19 th August in Liverpool in 1886 and I have another 2 family deaths occurring on this date too. I don't really think it's that uncommon especially given the large families they had in those days but there does come one coincidence too many when you start thinking something strange is going on!

Nickie x

chippie

Default HAVE YER SEEN THE SIZE OF THIS ONE?

http://uk.msnusers.com/vk0ncodo3dmpo...0583iuydew.JPG

William the policeman well before pc Sweet in Z Cars

chippie

The above was taken in 1889 after p.c. plod retired from the force after 27 years service...and had a shave. He was later said to have the bare faced cheek.
    Last edited by chippie; 06-14-2007 at 08:50 PM.

chippie, that msn photo site won't work for me, takes me to a login, I am already logged in on msn so it does nothing.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

chippie

Sorry Shy, I don,t know what to do. I,ve just tried it again and it works this end. Perhaps someone can advise.

chippie

Default for those that couldn,t access it last time

This is William, my gt gt grandad presented to him after 27years service in the Liverpool Policeforce. dated 16th. Sept.1889

[QUOTE

This is William, my gt gt grandad presented to him after 27years service in the Liverpool Policeforce. dated 16th. Sept.1889[/QUOTE]

What a superb family heirloom chippie.

Blog Entries

A great painting Chippie
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast