Thread: Wirral bus show

Default Wirral bus show

A few pic's from this years very wet Wirral bus & tram show.
    New Brighton

Moreton shore

Heswall when the sun finally came out

Pacific road

A shame the weather was so bad, the number of visitors was well down on previous years

These things take time, Rome wasn't built in a day you know.
    Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/merseywail/

Blog Entries

All the more room for those who turned up though. As Leslie Philips might have said, "Ding-Ding".

I did a few of the tours that were on offer. It's funny how many time's people put their hand out to stop one of the old buses, pensioners mostly, bless..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merseywail View Post
    I did a few of the tours that were on offer. It's funny how many time's people put their hand out to stop one of the old buses, pensioners mostly, bless..
    From your mouth to the organisers ears. Wouldn't that be a treat for the old folk, tours round the city in an old bus?

Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis View Post
    From your mouth to the organisers ears. Wouldn't that be a treat for the old folk, tours round the city in an old bus?
    These sort of events need to be better advertised. The Liverpool bus day was the same, Lot's of bemused potential passengers. Though due to PSV rule's there not allowed to charge fares, but can accept donations when you get off the bus..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merseywail View Post
    These sort of events need to be better advertised. The Liverpool bus day was the same, Lot's of bemused potential passengers. Though due to PSV rule's there not allowed to charge fares, but can accept donations when you get off the bus..
    On second thoughts, what is nostalgia for some are real living memories to others of dragging their sorry selves to work at the crack of dawn for years upon years...and for what?

Imagine the lives of the aged, housed together in a hugger-mugger style redolent of a youth spent in fear and hardship. For entertainment, what do they get? Vera Lynn and her Blue Birds and Tommy marching songs about hanging out the washing on some line or other. I think I prefer the ones who LIVE and live in the today of today. Sorry mate, on reflection, what these buses mean to you is not the least bit the same as what they mean to those who knew the buses when they were new. It's the same with trams and gas-lights...and the list can go on and on.
    There is a total con with history that living memories hardly reveal. All this good old days stuff. What of the past that is truly worth holding on to might only be the sense of community that they say existed way back when, perhaps this time around we can do away with the grinding poverty that threw people together as boredom and dementia do to many of the same people. Jam tomorrow and pie in the sky when you die.
    Yup. You were right and I was wrong. These folk stuck there hands out for the bus through years of habit with not even a sense of irony at the joy these same old machines give you.
    Oh, how our grandchildren shall chuckle as they play on the mountains of our waste.

Half those buses went to India,Pakistan,ShriLanka ect,ect

Most of the people i work for are pensioners & despite hardships they do look back with fondness to old times
    We all do the same, no doubt i will fondly remember today's homophobic/racist newspapers, political correctness, health & safety, blame & claim culture, & total community breakdown with fondness...

georgie t

good stuff i love the old buses

Quote Originally Posted by georgie t View Post
    good stuff i love the old buses
    Nice that some appreciate my posts. Here's a few more
    The end of the day

Old London bus

Ex Crosville buses