Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby

Default Crosby

Just wondered why no one was talking about the slightly further afield parts of liverpool like Crosby etc. I grew up in Crosby and it is every bit as much a part of liverpool as Toxteth and Garston etc.

I think Crosby is great though, cus we are so on the edge of the city it has almost villagey feel to the place. Can't walk down a street without meeting someone you know.
    I wonder if he'll make me crawl. I wonder how far I might fall. I'm stuck beneath my skin I don't know who to blame for this mess I'm in. Involuntarily falling to my knees another victim of heart disease. Another Night without a dark tunnel, stay in bed so I can't be stolen. And everything revolves around the fear of my fate. Everyday a little closer to death.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by MissDemenour View Post
    Just wondered why no one was talking about the slightly further afield parts of liverpool like Crosby etc. I grew up in Crosby and it is every bit as much a part of liverpool as Toxteth and Garston etc.

I think Crosby is great though, cus we are so on the edge of the city it has almost villagey feel to the place. Can't walk down a street without meeting someone you know.
    20 odd years ago, I made a point of visiting all the sites of former cinemas in Liverpool and taking photos.
    The Regent in Crosby, then a bingo hall, was the only place where somebody came out and objected to me taking photos (Silly man!).
    It's now a sports hall for a local school.

Welcome to the forum, MissD.

Hello Miss D

My late Auntie Mary used to live at 28 Water Street in Thornton so I have an interest in your neck of the woods. I have photographed the windmill tower on Moor Lane in Great Crosby in the past as well. Actually a search on "Crosby" does turn up posts where Crosby has been discussed so follow that link and add to the threads as you see fit.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I know I did look but I was a bit miffed that we weren't in the Urban Districts seeing as that is what we are ^_^''
    I wonder if he'll make me crawl. I wonder how far I might fall. I'm stuck beneath my skin I don't know who to blame for this mess I'm in. Involuntarily falling to my knees another victim of heart disease. Another Night without a dark tunnel, stay in bed so I can't be stolen. And everything revolves around the fear of my fate. Everyday a little closer to death.

What tends to happen on the forum is that people start threads about the area they were born in or currently living in.
    There are still lots more districts not covered yet, or some existing threads have very little input on them.

I'd like to see more on Crosby too - it's a lovely area.

Default Crosby

Good point but isn't Crosby in Sefton. Should we also discuss Southport, St Helens etc on this list

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    Good point but isn't Crosby in Sefton. Should we also discuss Southport, St Helens etc on this list
    I don't see why not.
    It's all Merseyside, and they're our neighbours.
    If any threads aren't popular, they'll just fade away, anyway.

Photies of the Wirral and in fact Gormley's men in Sefton have appeared before so why not?

Blog Entries

If its Merseyside, bring it on! Thanks MissD for shouting out your part of the wider area.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I was the same with no mention of Bootle, which Kev has since added and also I was unsure where to post when I wanted some info on Litherland park.

I guess it would come to a point where you'd have to list every area of Merseyside to keep everyone happy.

Since it's not quite Liverpool, can we just add threads for Sefton and Wirral within Urban districts that can then be used in future. I know they're both big area's compared with some of the others, but they might not get used that much.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm going on .

Allo MissD
    Last edited by scouse smurf; 04-05-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to say welcome to MissD

Blog Entries

I also changed the description which now reads:

The place to discuss the urban districts and areas of Liverpool and Merseyside. Aigburth, Allerton, Anfield, Belle Vale, Bootle, etc....
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Well technically sefton is an area of liverpool. It isn't seen in its own right by the government or the people who make maps. According to them most of the time we don't exist in sefton, we are just a part of liverpool so it is only fair.

Southport shouldn't be included in Merseyside...they want to be in Lancashire and have tried numerous times to be changed back into a part of Lancashire but they have been refused every time.

PhilipG

Well technically sefton is an area of liverpool. It isn't seen in its own right by the government or the people who make maps. According to them most of the time we don't exist in sefton, we are just a part of liverpool so it is only fair.

Southport shouldn't be included in Merseyside...they want to be in Lancashire and have tried numerous times to be changed back into a part of Lancashire but they have been refused every time.
    I used to live in Southport, but moved to Liverpool.
    This forum should include all Merseyside, but in reality I don't think places like Southport will feature too much as it has its own forum, which, incidently, mentions Liverpool from time to time.
    Yes, they do have a clique that signs themselves Southport, Lancashire, but lots of Scousers enjoyed/enjoy day-trips to Southport, and some Southport people shop in Liverpool.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 04-05-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Phil. Some great Art Deco architecture in So'wey including that big Mecca building which was a cinema by the BM stores and the crown pub in the next street. The McDonald's on the corner of Scarisbrick new road is an ex 30s Co-op building too.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast