Thread: caretaker / preacher of Liverpool / Toxteth / Dingle

Default caretaker / preacher of Liverpool / Toxteth / Dingle

looking for knowledge of my uncle Robert Harold PLIMMER 1922 - 1989

he was listed as a retired caretaker on his death certificate and was living in 116B Wellington Road, L8

I believe he would "preach" at the Pier Head, as he was a deeply religious man

Anyone with any knowledge of where he was a caretaker (perhaps Florence (The Florrie) Institute, The Domestic Mission has been suggested also) in a school or church nearby perhaps?

Or knowledge of his burial / cremation service etc most welcome

thank you

I found the following entry on 192.com by googling your uncle's name
    10 Electoral Roll 2009, Terence Bennett Age guide: 55-59, Liverpool, Merseyside, L8 View Address
    Other occupants: Robert H Plimmer

I know your uncle died in 1989 but it's quite an unusual name and is also in L8 so I wondered if there may be a connection. Could be worth registering and viewing the actual address.
    Regards Tilly

thanks for that - very odd - no kids as I know and other relations down south or in south Manchester!

best wishes,
    Ian

I found his birth ,
    with MMN Smith .

Good luck
    Karen

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

This one is
    ROBERT HAROLD " E " PLIMMER
    Karen

Hi "Plimmerian" welcome. I remember Bob Plimmer. He was caretaker at Toxteth Tabernacle, Baptist Church, Park Road, Liverpool 8. sometime during the 1950's and 1960's. At one time he resided at my Grandmothers house in Dombey Street, which is at the side of the church. My father had a lot to do with the church, and new Bob was looking for accomodation.

wow - thanks for that - brilliant to know someone who knew him - I found his address the year after he died, a neighbour wrote back and told me he had passed away - so sadly I missed out on the chance to meet him! This bit of history you gave is like gold dust to me - thank you again!

Ian.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

hi - I wrote to the Liverpool electoral people about this and they said that no one of that name (Plimmer) listed at that address then - very odd!!