after getting chased off site at Cabot Carbon by a baseball bat weilding security guard (after only taking about 7 pics) we headed off to the st margarets convent
this place from the outside doesnt look much but a new part was built around it in like an L shape and once inside its bloody massive long corridors nice big basement wierd tunnels its got em all and not to mention the electric is still on after 5 or 6 yrs of closure which was kind of wierd on the 3rd floor a dark room with the light on
explored in april this yr
a bit of sister history
The way we strive to live our lives as Religious Sisters of Charity can be defined through our motto and our 4th vow. Our Motto 'The charity of Christ urges us onwards' and our 4th vow of 'Service of the Poor' enable us to discern where we should be and what we should be doing. Our purpose in doing this is to bring about the reign of God in the places where we minister and to the people we are living and working with.
Since the first sisters came to England in 1840 and to Scotland in 1948, our sisters have been involved in an extraordinary range and variety of ministries. The following gives a brief history of our Province and our ministries':
In 1890, the sisters felt capable once again of responding to needs further afield, and established St Margaret's Home, Rockferry in 1890. Here, the sisters were involved in residential care of the elderly, parish visiting, State agency work, an Irish Welfare Centre and work with the Union of Catholic Mothers. The sisters moved from St. Margaret's in 2004 and the residential home closed. One sister still remains living in the area.
explored with slaphead,agour,eotech,and manic28 (top day chaps)