Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Chippie

Smile Where is Chippie

Hi I am new to this site, a couple of years back a guy named Chippie started writing about his life in Everton. Does anyone know if he finished it. I have been reading the old posts for hours and his story ended with him saying he would add more chapters, but I haven't been able to find it. Can you help.

Blog Entries

That's a good question Kalanie, I too thought he was a good writer. Heaven know's where he is now,maybe he will turn up,I hope so,
    BrianD

Chippie was bullied on this forum. He was threatened and he moved away from the area. If you have any messages for him I will pass them on.
    When the smoke has cleared and the bullets cease.another soldier rests in peace. The politicians who caused the fight, rest at home no danger in sight

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Chippie was bullied on this forum. He was threatened and he moved away from the area. If you have any messages for him I will pass them on.
    These are indeed sad tidings Bernie.
    I don't recall our paths crossing, Chippie and me, but I would not mind a look-see at what he was writing, if anyone has a link. [I did try a search for Everton, but there was no real clue as to which thread he wrote under]

Default The Bullies Win Again

It is such a shame when you lose good writers from a forum because of bullies, I have seen it happen on so many. Can't understand why people have to write unecessary derogatory things about other people they don't even know. I lived a few streets away from where Chippie was talking about and it was such a pleasure to hear about times remembered. I was born in Everton and my Mum who is 90 lived there all her life until we moved in the mid 60's. Mum would love to read the full story, I have printed off everything I could find on the forum, but would love to find the rest if I can. Thanks for all your responses.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

BrianD, also read your stories which were really good, I am prining these out to send to my mum as she loves reading aout the good old days. Have you written anything else lately.

Cheers

And he wasn't the only one!He should return!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    There are some JEALOUS KNOBS on here,,,,,,i carnt believe he/she was bullied on here....

that's what yer call plain speakin' !

Chippie's a he not a she

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis View Post
    These are indeed sad tidings Bernie.
    I don't recall our paths crossing, Chippie and me, but I would not mind a look-see at what he was writing, if anyone has a link. [I did try a search for Everton, but there was no real clue as to which thread he wrote under]
    Can't find it myself. I had a quick look but too many threads and topics ! Can't remember where his memoirs are now.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Smurf started a thread 'whatever happened to .. .. '

but I can't find that either !! it's like rooting through a huge library out there ! So many threads
    The search facility doesn't always narrow it down enough.

So, whatever happened to Taffy ? .. and MarkR is missing too, along with quite a few others.

I think people just take a break from forum life and persue other interests for a while.
    I know a few people have other projects on the go.

Had a look myself,Lindy,but I can't remember the thread title? Search didn't bring up much!

Thanks Smurf.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalannie View Post
    Hi I am new to this site, a couple of years back a guy named Chippie started writing about his life in Everton. Does anyone know if he finished it. I have been reading the old posts for hours and his story ended with him saying he would add more chapters, but I haven't been able to find it. Can you help.
    where did you find the thread ? 'cos we can't find it ! ha,ha,

Had to leave the area......i am f n amazed,,,,,,are the people who threatened him still on yo,,,what did he say that was so bad,,,,

Bill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Blog Entries

I remember Chippie as I thought it was someone I knew with the same nickname. Don't remember the bullying though.

I don't want to rake up past troubles by discussing this further. Other people left at the same time including me, I rejoined some time later using a different name.
    When the smoke has cleared and the bullets cease.another soldier rests in peace. The politicians who caused the fight, rest at home no danger in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
    Had to leave the area......i am f n amazed,,,,,,are the people who threatened him still on yo,,,what did he say that was so bad,,,,

Bill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gosh no !! that didn't make him leave the area but he left the forum for those reasons.
    He located to a new area for personal and family reasons.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I remember Chippie as I thought it was someone I knew with the same nickname. Don't remember the bullying though.
    It might have happened just before you joined. Not sure of dates.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

I don't want to rake up past troubles by discussing this further. Other people left at the same time including me, I rejoined some time later using a different name.
    I get suspicious of anyone asking where Chippie is, as it has happened before and comments just lead to opening old wounds.
    I wonder sometimes if they are mischief making 'plants' and I don't mean aspidistras

Well, it has been known before on this forum

I always used to ask where ppl where

Lindy, chippies posts are probably in the archive which I think is excluded from the search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast