visited this place last yr with a couple of exploring chums (september)

this is where i started my dock exploring and found it quite relaxed

we spent a good hour or so exploring then watched the sun set from the top floor loading bay

the place is pretty much the same today as it was back in september

The Stanley Dock warehouse was built in 1848. The dock itself links to the Liverpool and Leeds Canal. It also stands apart from all the other Docks in that it was built on the landside of the dock road.

Directly opposite the Stanley Dock Warehouse stands The Tobacco Warehouse. Built in 1900 it was the biggest building in the world at the time. Even today, it remains the world's largest brick warehouse. While the Tobacco warehouse is partly used as a popular Sunday market, both buildings await much-needed restoration and redevelopment.

The Stanley Dock is a dock, on the River Mersey and part of the Port of Liverpool it is situated in the Vauxhall area in the northern end of the dock system. It is connected to Leeds and Liverpool Canal to the east and Collingwood Dock to the west.

Designed by Jesse Hartley, it opened in 1848. At the start of the Twentieth Century the Stanley Dock Tobacco Warehouse was built on the in-filled south half of the dock.

Built in 1852-4 this is one of the first dock warehouses to be designed for rail transport and the use of hydraulic power.

the lift engines

this was taken in the dock water it was the reflection of the silo i just turned the pic upside down for added effect