Hello everyone

Friends, I wanted you to know that my mother, Yoria Christine George, passed away peacefully about 2:30 am local time at Gilchrist Hospice, Towson, Maryland, USA. My Mom was born in Liverpool, England, September 27, 1920 so when she passed she was a month shy of her 90th birthday.

The accompanying photograph shows Yoria in October 1943, when she was 23 years old and serving in the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) helping to monitor German bombing raids on the Liverpool area. She married my father, Gordon B. George, a physiotherapist in the Royal Air Force medical service, on February 22, 1945 at St. Anne's Church, Aigburth, Liverpool.

My family and I emigrated to the United States in 1955. My mother worked as a receptionist, latterly, before retiring from Woodholme Country Club, Pikesville, Maryland in 1974, to take care of my father who had been diagnosed with cancer. My father passed away in 1979.

Thank you all for your expressions of support and sympathy. My wife Donna and I very much appreciate all of the care and love we have been receiving from our friends. My mother had a long life. I am her only child.

Chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yoria George 1943.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	16989