Quote Originally Posted by Savo View Post
Dori,we do know the difference between Como and brogues,
fatlegs is tryin to find smthn sim,but ta anyway.
fatlegs your close with the suede ones,but better in leather Oxblood
Thanks Savo, I agree those suede are pretty close but those black US ones are not. As a sister with five brothers, the right clothes and shoes were a hot topic in our house. Everything from how shirts were ironed with sleeve creases in the right place, to which were the right shoes.
My grandad had the handmade brogues very light tan size 11 huge things like boats, my dad, ex-army, was the one with the highly polished shoes, black wingtip or Oxford shoes with blue and grey suits, brown brogues with Prince of Wales checks etc.Later on his grandsons wanted his brogues because they were so well looked after.
The brothers had the whole range from Chelsea Boots,desert boots, comos etc even had to be the right work boots.
Suits were made to measure at Abrams,and tuxedos were worn when working the doors in city clubs.
Grandads overcoat was a Crombie, he was over 6ft and it was incredibly long, as a kid you couldn't lift it off the hanger.Silk scarves, ties and caps etc were all carefully selected.Sports gear was strictly for the pitch and trainers for training.No slobs allowed