Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rokeby Street, Everton

scouserdave

Default Rokeby Street, Everton

Just found my Grandad's 1898 birth certificate. Never realised my Irish (Waterford City) Great Grandad and Great Grandma lived in Rokeby Street at the time of registering the birth. I'll do some Googling, but in the mean time, I'd really appreciate any info on the Rokeby St area from you lot

Blog Entries

I need to start a search, still think its hard work though.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Dave, it's an area I used to knock around in the late 1970s as my mates were from up by the four squares tenement area which was Soho street and another 2 lived in Jenkinson street off Rokeby Street. My parents were living in the old property in Field Street in the 1950s (before I was born, but around the time Gerard was born) which ran from Everton Brow to almost Islington (sort of parallel with St. Anne Street but a lot further up) All the old property was demolished in the 1960s and a new pedestrianised estate was built to the south of John F. Kennedy heights.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Dave, it's an area I used to knock around in the late 1970s as my mates were from up by the four squares tenement area which was Soho street and another 2 lived in Jenkinson street off Rokeby Street. My parents were living in the old property in Field Street in the 1950s (before I was born, but around the time Gerard was born) which ran from Everton Brow to almost Islington (sort of parallel with St. Anne Street but a lot further up) All the old property was demolished in the 1960s and a new pedestrianised estate was built to the south of John F. Kennedy heights.

Cheeky F&%$£? !!

scouserdave

Ged, brilliant pal, thanks.
    Gerard, Ged's a wind up merchant. You don't look a day over 30 mate.

Where's that winking smiley

scouserdave

Where's that winking smiley
    Last time I saw anyone winking, was in the Lisbon in the 70s
    Last edited by Kev; 03-14-2007 at 08:41 PM.

scouserdave

Gerard, you're a star mate and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to take these shots. I know this street! Been down there loads of time without realising it was Rokeby Street. I know the Netherfield Rd and Gt Homer St areas like the back of my hand. Just looking at the map and it's only a few minutes from your place. Looks like my lot never moved that far away. My Great Grandma and Great Grandad on my Grandma's side didn't live too far away either. They lived in Milford St, just off Boundary St. The street next to their's was called Luton Street. Married in nearby St Alban's Church.

Many thanks mate

Gerard

Your more than welcome Dave.

Evenin' Gerard. That Bents pub was the Windsor Castle, it's where we made our gig debut back in 1980. Small, compact, what - who said a dive

Gerard

Evenin' Gerard. That Bents pub was the Windsor Castle, it's where we made our gig debut back in 1980. Small, compact, what - who said a dive
    Nice one Rrrr Ged..

Default rokeby street

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    Just found my Grandad's 1898 birth certificate. Never realised my Irish (Waterford City) Great Grandad and Great Grandma lived in Rokeby Street at the time of registering the birth. I'll do some Googling, but in the mean time, I'd really appreciate any info on the Rokeby St area from you lot
    hi dave my dad was born in rokeby street in 1930 , family name paul i would appreciate aything you could tell me about the area.my great grand parents lived in william henry st. name wishart , myself i was born in field street in 1955.

Default wishart family

trying to find out any info regarding my great garand parents william and sarah(sarann)wishart formerly of william henry street.

Post rokeby st, field st

Hi Ged,
    I was born in 1955, and lived at no 63 field street before moving to kirkby in1958
    my grandparents lived in rokeby st, and my great grandparents lived in william henry st,.Both my parents and grandparents were married at St mary of the angels church (the friary). You say your parents lived in field st, they probably knew my family. Family name Paul.

Hiya babsie29. Yes, before my time but my mam and dad moved to 150 Field Street in 1952 and were there until 1959. The old Field Street was very different and on a different line to that Field Street which is there now. There are some pics of it and William Henry Street on the 'post war b&w pics' page of my site below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast