Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lovely Weather!

Default The Lovely Weather!

Though most here will have experienced the recent weather,themselves,just thought I'd post this pic' of what confronted me,on my way home yesterday! It's at the junction of Crosby rd.north, and Knowsley rd.(by the "Caradoc") By the time I got there,there were another 3 cars stuck in the water,so I took a right!

Photo courtesy of the Liverpool Echo.

(Ha,that's the "ghost" of David Cameron,showing through!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img063.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	16605  
    Last edited by wsteve55; 07-22-2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: credit.

About 8.10 last night there was another bad downpour...........lasted about five minutes.........there were hailstones too. Hailstones in July? Is this normal.

Blame the Government, it's their fault.

It's shocking - this weather is awful to say the least. (Fancy coming home from hols to this!)

It was interesting listening to someone on the radio talking about the various reasons why we are having these floods more and more each year. One of the theories is that there are fewer and fewer places where water can drain away, ie, the trend for people paving over their gardens, more and more new housing being built where fields used to be, huge supermarkets concreting over huge areas and adding huge car parks. hence fewer places for water to seep away into the ground.
    A man came on the phone-ins saying something about since the mines had closed flooding has become worse and water levels have risen - but I didn't catch what he said about the mines and what the reasons were.

OR - Is it actually climate change (note they've changed it from Global warming)

Has it p1ssed down like this in previous Julys?

I do remember ringing home from my hols in August about 3 years ago for family to say Anfield was flooded due to bad rain.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

There have been 2 occasions in recent years with floods in Anfield. The water rushes down Breck rd and Townsend Lane like a torrent and gathers at the bottom of the lane by The Clubmoor pub. The houses in Vicar, Rector and Curate rds have had some serious flooding.

As for the month of July, I have noticed July has been dull and rainy for the last few years. I'd say definately the last 4 years it's been a bad month weather wise.
    We seem to have a nice spell early on in May, then nothing after that. I do know for sure in some previous Junes we have still had some heating on ! Then July just grey and rainy.

i[QUOTEAs for the month of July, I have noticed July has been dull and rainy for the last few years. I'd say definately the last 4 years it's been a bad month weather wise.
    We seem to have a nice spell early on in May, then nothing after that. I do know for sure in some previous Junes we have still had some heating on ! Then July just grey and rainy. ][/QUOTE]
    ive thought the same as well lindylou, experts are telling us the weather is warmer and drier than years ago, it may be selective memory but i cant remember rain coming down so hard for so long every day when i was a kid,
    had relatives who were going camping this week,glad they changed their mind,

I know for sure June is not a marvellous month, because every year I say the same thing and complain about the fact of having heating on in 'flaming June !' and ''when are we gonna' save a few bob on heating bills !''

Don't know if anyone remembers the thunderstorm from summer,1967? (Can't remember which month,I was too young!) It rained very heavily,for days,with quite a bit of flooding,from what I remember! Wonder what they blamed that on?!

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Don't know if anyone remembers the thunderstorm from summer,1967? (Can't remember which month,I was too young!) It rained very heavily,for days,with quite a bit of flooding,from what I remember! Wonder what they blamed that on?!
    Who could forget it !! I remember it well. It was horrendous ! not like your average storm, but like a tropical one, and it went on all night - or so it seemed. The thunder was terrific, extremely loud, huge rumbles and terrible bangs which shook the houses. There was severe lightening - great flashes with all colours in the sky, purple, yellow, red - it was like armageddon !!

I musta slep thru it like the ickle baba I was

I'm off to Wales on holiday tomorrow. I know it's going to rain all week.

Only on days ending with a Y.

That's right.....be positive!

great flashes with all colours in the sky, purple, yellow, red - it was like armageddon !![/QUOTE]

This was also the year L.S.D. became popular!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast