Thread: Zillions of Connors in Liverpool-and none of them are mine!

Wink Zillions of Connors in Liverpool-and none of them are mine!

If anyone can shed some light on the whereabouts of any descendants of my kin, I would be thrilled! Here is what I litle I know: By the time the 1911 Census was taken, my ggranddad Henry E. Connor (wharfinger) had made my grandmother, Ellen Goodwin a widow.
    He was only 44 at the time of his death. According to my grand-dad, it was a result of gang violence, likely registered as a drowning. The family lived on Melbourne Street, close to Netherfield Rd. and that may have played a role in his demise. They lived there for at least 10 years.
    My grandfather Henry G. 21, was a shipping clerk, his sister Jane, a dressmaker's assistant, brother Edward a baker's assistant and brother Albert who was unemployed and/or perhaps living with a mental impairment. There is also brother Edward born in 1903. Maybe someone knew him as someone's dad or grandad???

My Grandfather married Mary Alice Ross, (daughter of George Ross, barber on St.Mary's Road, Garston and Mary McGuinness) in 1917 at St.Mary's in Kirkdale. They both played the piano and their love of music may have brought them together. By 1923, my grandfather decided it was time to emigrate to Canada and he set sail for Montréal. In June of the following year, Mary Alice who hailed from Wavertree at that point, set sail on The Mégantic headed for Québec City, with the family in tow: Harry (7), Joan (5), Desmond (3) and Leonard(1) . And so their new Canadian chapter began...
    Last edited by Poolofliver; 08-29-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: One more child
    "Genealogists live life in the past lane."

There is a new local history book just been published a week ago, title- ‘The Lost Tribe of Everton & Scottie Road’, the author; Ken Rogers, lived in Melbourne Street as a boy.
    He now works for the ‘Liverpool Echo’ he may be worth contacting. Have a look at his website -

- www.losttribeofeverton.com

It gives a list of all the streets in the area and a list of names of the people living in them for the year 1960. It may be worth a look!

Thank you so much Samp! Your tip just may unearth some treasures. So glad you knew of the book too!
    Wish me luck! Nathalie

Quote Originally Posted by Poolofliver View Post
    Thank you so much Samp! Your tip just may unearth some treasures. So glad you knew of the book too!
    Wish me luck! Nathalie
    Let me know if you have any luck!