Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cranborne Road Murder

Chris48

Quote Originally Posted by steve miller View Post
    Donna please cjheck your private messages
    I have something you might be interested in
    Also you may want to contact George Skelly he may be interested in your family history
    Steve, check your PMs

Chris48

I really am looking forward to George Skelly's new book about the Cranbourne road murder. His "Cameo Conspiracy" was a fine book and completely captured my imagination. He is a fine author and the Cameo book is now hard to find . There is actually one on the net for sale at £130 !

Chris48

Apparently awards such as the Kings medal and the OBE cannot be stripped from a person posthumously as they no longer own the award when they die. That is straight from the Cabinet Office that awards them in the first place. I don't agree with it as many a headstone will have details of a persons awards and they will be remembered as to having received them and for the reasons why.

Quote Originally Posted by macateb View Post
    Its quite interesting all this stuff about 7 Cranborne Road. I grew up at No.8 and didn't know all that much about it until reading this thread.

I do find it funny however that the link from the first post http://detectiveandrews.tripod.com/cranborne.html
    has the photo "Keith Andrews in Cranborne Road, Wavertree".
    Someone should tell him he's looking in the wrong place. He's standing in what looks like Salisbury Road.
    I like the G. Gordon Liddy moustache.
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Chris48

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPathos View Post
    Alice Rimmer lying in her hallway after the attack which left her dead. Not gory I hope you'll agree but shocking all the same. If it wasn't Devlin and Burns who done this to her then let's all hope that, one day, we all get some truth and can perhaps find out really who did it. Not least for her relatives. I know someone who knew Mrs Rimmer's lad in later life. He's gone though. Perhaps he knows what happened to his Mum now.
    Does anyone know what happened to Mrs Rimmers son Thomas? He had been in the Police and left but was supposed to have re-joined. When did he die etc?

I'd heard of this case previously - although not in great detail. The parallels with the Cameo case are unreal. I cannot wait for GK's book to come out on this case, after which time these two young men will hopefully be pardoned.

Does anyone know when the book's due for release?

Thanks guys.

Chris48

Quote Originally Posted by burkhilly View Post
    I'd heard of this case previously - although not in great detail. The parallels with the Cameo case are unreal. I cannot wait for GK's book to come out on this case, after which time these two young men will hopefully be pardoned.

Does anyone know when the book's due for release?

Thanks guys.
    George is still working on it along with another aspect of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
    George is still working on it along with another aspect of the case.

Thanks Chris48. Keep us updated - knowing the research that George puts into his investigations, it'll be a few years before we see the book. I for one can't wait.

I'm only new to this forum. but nevertheless rHow do we know Devlin and Burns were innocent? Who says so? Where's the evidence? They were after all found guilty by a jury of 12 people.
    Can anyone prove they were inniocent?

Where is Detective Andrews. He's the expert, isn't he?

Last I heard of him he was posing for the camera in Salisbury Road thinking it was Cranborne Road! Maybe he's still lost? Still waiting, by the way, for his and his mate Slemen's revelations about who done the murder and how they solved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryboy View Post
    I'm only new to this forum. but nevertheless rHow do we know Devlin and Burns were innocent? Who says so? Where's the evidence? They were after all found guilty by a jury of 12 people.
    Can anyone prove they were inniocent?

I know a little about this - both men were in their 20s, and hanged for the murder of a middle aged woman in Liverpool. The Lead Police Officer on the case was our "friend" Herbert Balmer. There is apparently no forensic evidence that link the men to the victim. In fact there is evidence to suggest that both the men were in Bolton or Manchester committing a burgulary at the time the murder occurred. There is a lot of evidence which suggests the two young men are innocent. I haven't a view one way or another at this point in time - but if the Cameo Murders are anything to go on............need I say more!!

Last edited by Famous Scouser; 07-04-2009 at 06:15 PM.

[QUOTE=burkhilly;167253]I know a little about this - both men were in their 20s, and hanged for the murder of a middle aged woman in Liverpool. The Lead Police Officer on the case was our "friend" Herbert Balmer. There is apparently no forensic evidence that link the men to the victim. In fact there is evidence to suggest that both the men were in Bolton or Manchester committing a burgulary at the time the murder occurred. There is a lot of evidence which suggests the two young men are innocent. I haven't a view one way or another at this point in time - but if the Cameo Murders are anything to go on............need I say more!![/QUOTE]

Yes Burkhilly, but what and where is that evidence that you say suggests their innocence?

I don't have an opinion on this case because I know only very basic details. I was just briefly letting you know what I've read on the case. I know that George Skelly is currently writing a book on the case and believes that the two men were innocent. I shall wait and read George's book before I have an opinion on the case.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast