Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple Pleasures!

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    the best pleasure was popping tar bubbles with a ly ice stick on a hot summer day
    Yes - I remember this!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny blue View Post
    Great Pics, but when I right click , the pic enlarges becoming frosty, is it the pic or my comp ?
    You only need to right click if you want to save the image. It shouldn't be frosty.

Liverpool New Yorker! Ronijayne's Avatar

I left click and the photo pops up neat and clear
    Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny blue View Post
    Great Pics, but when I right click , the pic enlarges becoming frosty, is it the pic or my comp ?
    Yeh,just left click should work!

The best bit about Tar Bubbles was when you'd burst them you could scrape the tar up and wrap it round the stick! Do this a few times and you would have a tar bomb! We used to try and throw these at the chimneys on the houses so that they would drop down the flue and burn when folk came to light their fires!...I know we got some down out of the hundreds that must have been thrown but I wonder if any of our neighbours experienced the pungent reel of fresh tar eminating from their hearths on a cool evening?
    Negotium Perambulans in Tenebris

happy days peeps

Default A Couple More!

Here's a couple more pic's, which look like they are connected with the earlier one's I posted,but again,no info' on what/where they are from! The third pic' reminds me of being left outside of the pub' with a bottle of lemonade,and a bag of crisps,while my old feller dealt with some "business",inside!!(consequently,I learnt to say no,when asked if I wanted some lemonade!)

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Here's a couple more pic's, which look like they are connected with the earlier one's I posted,but again,no info' on what/where they are from! The third pic' reminds me of being left outside of the pub' with a bottle of lemonade,and a bag of crisps,while my old feller dealt with some "business",inside!!(consequently,I learnt to say no,when asked if I wanted some lemonade!)
    Oops!

Loved popping Tar Bubbles as well,couldn't resist playing with them with my fingers,Ollie's,fishing for sticklebacks in Wallie Park,conkers,Kick the can, we called it Yallio, had to say yallio co co co,rafts,making square rafts if you had a lot of ly sticks if we only had a few we had to make a triangle raft.
    OK looks like all the YOs were very nice kids so i must be the bad one,
    kick the can and hiding in the house for 10 min having a drink and getting told off by my mum for not playing nice,
    knock and run,when they got too quick opening the door,we would pull a long piece of cotton tied to the door knocker and hide in the Jigger , me and mates giggling away,
    and the best of all,one of my mates could bark like a dog,he was brilliant, we all used to stand out side Walton hospital in the evening,it got very busy at visiting time, my mate would get inside a big sack and we would tie it up, every now and then he would bark and we would give the sack a little kick and shout shut up stop barking, mate was never hurt and we all loved it,don't think anyone else did we got a lot of people shouting at us for being so cruel. he he

Good pictures wsteve55. You can see how Lowery got his inspiration!

Default Dancing!

Found one more....I think seeing girls doing this was fairly common,at one time?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12