Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1511

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Cafay - how appropriate.

I bet the owners don't even realise the connection! Pure coincidence!
    It is Accomplished

Btw folks, just a couple of ideas why (IMHO) the 'Julia was killed cos she lied about her age' theory doesn't fly.

1. Anyone ever heard of anyone else ever doing in their spouse cos of this? Christ, I mean, there are cases of blokes finding out afterward that they've married another bloke, and finding that they are now even more in love with them than before! Not doing them in...

2. Wallace must have been borderline-retarded for it to take him 17 bloody years to figure out that Julia was telling porkies about her age. But he wasn't retarded, was he? He was a chess-player and a genius.
    Celeriter Nil Crede

I thought the same. How could you be married to someone for any length of time and not realise their age.

I have never believed for a second Wallace wouldn't have known Julia's correct age. I think he did.

I was only looking in a newspaper from 1929 recently and there was a story about a 27 year old woman marrying a 17 year old lad. It wasn't reported in a defamatory manner either.
    It is Accomplished

couple of questions for you clever chaps............

'Qualtrough' said it was his daughter's 21st and wanted to do something for her. Any idea what it might have been? I could understand if he was cashing in a policy or whatever but this was new business?

------------------

In the afternoon, Wallace was doing his rounds and a policeman sees him and said he looked upset as if he'd been crying.....did he give any explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie1 View Post
    couple of questions for you clever chaps............

'Qualtrough' said it was his daughter's 21st and wanted to do something for her. Any idea what it might have been? I could understand if he was cashing in a policy or whatever but this was new business?

------------------

In the afternoon, Wallace was doing his rounds and a policeman sees him and said he looked upset as if he'd been crying.....did he give any explanation?
    Lizzie

a) It was believed that it was an endowment policy. Wallace expected it to be no less than £100, of which he could expect 20% commission of the first payment.

b) Wallace intimated that his eyes could possibly have been watering on the day he saw Constable Rothwell. It being a cold(ish) January day, he said he might have wiped his eyes with his sleeve. Wallace refuted Rothwell's claim that he had been crying.
    It is Accomplished

Thanks Mark
    So it might have been an endowment due to mature? I suppose it would have been easy enough to check?
    ---------------

It is assumed that Qualtrough wanted to take out an insurance policy for his daughter as a 21st birthday present. It is sometimes wondered why Wallace wouldn't have passed this onto the agent responsible for Allerton but then he stood to make commission on such a deal - something Parry would have known as an enticement perhaps.

Wallace denied being upset that day and in fact when interviewed by the police, the customers he called said he was his normal self (which probably was never too jolly anyway, him being of the stoic type) he even went into one house for a cuppa.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

It is assumed that Qualtrough wanted to take out an insurance policy for his daughter as a 21st birthday present. It is sometimes wondered why Wallace wouldn't have passed this onto the agent responsible for Allerton but then he stood to make commission on such a deal - something Parry would have known as an enticement perhaps.

Wallace denied being upset that day and in fact when interviewed by the police, the customers he called said he was his normal self (which probably was never too jolly anyway, him being of the stoic type) he even went into one house for a cuppa.
    Thanks Ged, Not much of a 21st birthday present....wouldn't go down well today I don't think.

from what i've read his customers seemed to like him despite him not being too jolly.

Aye, but that present was never intended on being bought was it

Quote Originally Posted by RodCrosby View Post
    Btw folks, just a couple of ideas why (IMHO) the 'Julia was killed cos she lied about her age' theory doesn't fly.

1. Anyone ever heard of anyone else ever doing in their spouse cos of this? Christ, I mean, there are cases of blokes finding out afterward that they've married another bloke, and finding that they are now even more in love with them than before! Not doing them in...

2. Wallace must have been borderline-retarded for it to take him 17 bloody years to figure out that Julia was telling porkies about her age. But he wasn't retarded, was he? He was a chess-player and a genius.
    GOOD POINT ,ROD..I dont think Julia's age is the sole motive..but I do believe it was a factor(more so than a botched robbery!) He definately married her thinking she was the same age as himself...so whenever her true age was disclosed to WHW,presuming it was,it could be a reason for resentment(?) Nobody has, so far, ever come up with a motive to the killing.HEMMEREDE didnt even try at the trial.. Couild JULIA'S sister AMY'S very strange detached behaviour after the murder...just demanding Julia's fur coat & not even bothering to attend the funeral ...suggests a DENNIS family problem..maybe because they knew she had been living a lie for years? IAN(FJumble)

I believe at long last, John Gannon's book is out next week or thereabouts. I'm looking forward to hear what others think of it.

Are we back? The last I heard was the site was closing down....
    Celeriter Nil Crede

I believe at long last, John Gannon's book is out next week or thereabouts. I'm looking forward to hear what others think of it.
    Me too! Just hope it isn't a rehash of what we already know.

Seems not to be according to the write up, I mean, Marsden link - with proof. Evidence of why the murder had to be that night and no other. Proof there was a bloodied glove found and it was Julia's etc etc........intriguing.

Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast