Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Trial of James Maybrick - May 2007

Well as I've said all the long,I'll stick to Maybrick as the Ripper,too many coincidence's surround him.

Biggest one is he was always in London at the time of the Murders...bit of a coincidence don't ya think,him having his home in Liverpool like,so if you can give me information on a time he wasn't in London when any of the Murders took place then you might just persuade me to look at other suspects.

Did this Maybrick guy have anatomical knowledge? Surely the murders were carried out in such a way that would have suggested someone with a knowledge of surgery?
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

Did this Maybrick guy have anatomical knowledge?
    Well you know we can learn from books....can't we,no one can rule out that Maybrick did not read books on Anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Well as I've said all the long,I'll stick to Maybrick as the Ripper,too many coincidence's surround him.

Biggest one is he was always in London at the time of the Murders...bit of a coincidence don't ya think,him having his home in Liverpool like,so if you can give me information on a time he wasn't in London when any of the Murders took place then you might just persuade me to look at other suspects.
    Hi George

Sorry but no proof has been produced to show that Maybrick was in London at the time of the murders. Where did you get that from? Someone had the clever scheme to make Maybrick the Ripper, to link two famous Victorian murders together, but for me it's a contrived scenario and not one that that rings true.

All the best

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi George

Well I don't think that James Maybrick was Jack the Ripper, and I do believe the "Diary" is a hoax. Nonetheless the issue of the Diary and how it came to be is interesting as is the original Maybrick case, when Florence Maybrick was found guilty of killing her husband James by arsenic poisoning in May 1889.

Her book, Mrs. Maybrick's Own Story: My Lost Fifteen Years, is available on line. It has always interested me that in the opening of the book on page 21, she calls the place where she lived "a suburb of Liverpool called Aigworth [sic]."

Best regards

Chris

Thanks for that link to My Fifteen Lost Years Chris, I spent most of yesterday reading that, was a good read.

I believe James Maybrick was right handed. Apparently the Ripper killings were attributed to someone left-handed?

I also read that the samples of Maybrick's handwriting are nothing like those of the diary - proof indeed that it is a forgery.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    I believe James Maybrick was right handed. Apparently the Ripper killings were attributed to someone left-handed?

I also read that the samples of Maybrick's handwriting are nothing like those of the diary - proof indeed that it is a forgery.
    Hi Spiderman

Well certainly the writing in the Diary, if you will, is "inspired" by the Ripper letters. And you are right, it looks like the writing of someone trying to emulate the writing in the Dear Boss letter and other famous letters in the case.

All the best

Chris

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    Thanks for that link to My Fifteen Lost Years Chris, I spent most of yesterday reading that, was a good read.
    Thanks, SteH, glad you got a kick out of that. I was at a script conference on Tuesday for a docudrama in the works about Francis Scott Key to be produced by Maryland Public Television. He's the guy, you will probably know, who wrote "The Star-Spangled Banner" about the bombardment of Fort McHenry, Baltimore. It so happens that his grandson, Frank Key Howard, a southern sympathizer, was . . . irony of ironies!. . . imprisoned in Fort McHenry at the time of the Civil War. Howard's book, Fourteen Months in American Bastiles, is available on Google Books also.

Cheers

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12