Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mackenzie's Tomb - Rodney Street

I thought I'd read this story from a link on this site so there might be discussion on another thread:

A JMU spokeswoman said plans for the church were at an early stage but could form part of the university’s £110m, five-year development plan.

She said: “We have aspirations to redevelop the building and bring it back into use as a gateway to our Mount Pleasant site. It would be for staff and students. But there would be a public aspect as well.”

Today’s news follows a lengthy legal battle with former owner Dr Amoolya Prasad to gain control of the city centre church.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-19406705/
    Last edited by geoffrey; 07-31-2007 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFaragher View Post
    Apart from Tom Slemen and Frank Carlisle and the growth of an urban myth does anyone know of any pre-80's sources of this story. I was watching a tv programme a couple of years ago (I wish I had noted the details) but the church was a long way from liverpool, down south I think and the local church had exactly the same story...i.e. bloke in tomb seated at table with hand of cards
    Mad Jack Fuller at Brightling in Sussex:

http://johnmadjackfuller.homestead.com/Pyramid.html

and a similar tale is told of quite a few other tombs.

DaisyChains

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...ow/ConBar.6059

The Liverpool Vision web site has a development update document no. 14 you can download. It lists the current status of all developments in the city centre. The church is G8 on the map and it has LCC as the owner but no plans to do anything with it.

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by ghughesarch View Post
    Mad Jack Fuller at Brightling in Sussex:

http://johnmadjackfuller.homestead.com/Pyramid.html

and a similar tale is told of quite a few other tombs.
    thank god for these eccentrics!
    they make history so much more interesting!

Default Tom Slemen and The Toblerone of Fear

See I was right although the one I saw on TV did say that the occupant was playing or eating a toblerone. I wish people would jsut stick to the researched facts and not dress these things up like the friggin x files.

Me and my friend visited this site as part of our research. We are a paranormal investigation company based in the northwest. We visited this site late at night and also during the day. The council opened the grounds up for us so we could take photographs and so that my friend who is a spiritualist medium could get closer to the tomb and see if he could pick anything up.

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by queentutti View Post
    Me and my friend visited this site as part of our research. We are a paranormal investigation company based in the northwest. We visited this site late at night and also during the day. The council opened the grounds up for us so we could take photographs and so that my friend who is a spiritualist medium could get closer to the tomb and see if he could pick anything up.
    Get some pics up please!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyChains View Post
    Get some pics up please!!!!!!!!!
    Indeed yes, wonder did they look inside..

Sounds like rubbish to me. I slept in there on the ground right by the tomb once and nothing happened.

DaisyChains

Any pics Snappel?

I will upload some pics in the next few days as they on another pc. Many people have probably spent a night in there and nothing has happened probably due to their lack of ability being the main reason.

I picked up nettle rash

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFaragher View Post
    I picked up nettle rash

Better than me all I picked up was a soggy bum and the well
    known English lurgy, " a stinking cold ".

DaisyChains

Anyone have any news on this plot of land at all?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast