Thread: o'toole and hughes family

Default o'toole and hughes family

i am looking for any information, regarding my great grandparents, they came to liverpool from dublin, and lived in the bootle area, thier names where james and mary o'toole, they had 5 daughters, mary, margaret, ann or annie, catherine or kathleen, and veronica(my grandmother 17 feb 1913). i do know that when my grandmother was 5 my great grandmother died giving birth to a baby boy(was told she was in her 30s) who also died about 1918, soon after my great grandfather remarried(told about 6 weeks atfer if true or not i dont know), 3 of the girls i dont know which 3 though was sent to nazareth house convent, my grandmother was sent to live with her aunt sarah my great grand mothers sister who was a spinster, off scotland road, dont know what happened to the other girl, i presume she also went to live with aunt sarah, if anyone has any more information i would be greatful. my grandmother married william hughes(born aug 1911) around 1933 and had 8 children. any information about my grandad would be appreciated also, i dont know much just that my great granddad was robert hughes, my granddad had 3 sisters, sarah(sally), hannah, catherine(who were put in a orphanage when great granddad remaried) my granddad ran away from hame at 14 about 1925 to live with an aunt in st helens. he was in the army, worked at bootle docks, he had also worked kirkby industrial est, i think the munitions factory( i dont know the dates or which order)

thanks
    chris

Hiya Chris.......found your mums birth registration
    Veronica O`Toole b 1913 JUNE QTR...so apr may june mothers maiden name REDMOND..17th feb fits perfect West Derby , Liverpool 8b 620 if you want to order the birth certificate
    ......so that`s the first bit of info....I am going to try www.lancashirebmd.org.uk and see if I can get some other info..
    It would appear that the brother was Denis and was born 1911 sep qtr 8b 679 and died as a baby the same qtr 8b 580 , not in childbirth- although it is possible Mary did die in childbirth in 1918 having another son...
    So can you confirm that Sarah was in fact Sarah Redmond....

James O`Toole married Margaret J Sutcliffe in mar qtr 1919
    Mary E O`Toole death mar qtr 1918......so he didn`t marry for at least 9 months..but could quite easily have been living with Margaret after 6 weeks.....allan

Hiya Chris
    James O`Toole married Mary Ellen Redmond Sep qtr 1893 8b 293
    so the death of Mar E OToole in 1818 IS CORRECT.....

ALLAN
    added....Mary Ellen Redmond b dec qtr 1872 Bootle 10b 673....so it looks like Mary Ellen wasn`t born in Ireland
    too much of a coincidence for them to marry and live in Bootle......probably James was from Dublin and Mary from Bootle....your decision....and she would have been 35 at her death..so your info was correct
    all on www.freebmd.org.uk .allan

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyfive View Post
    Hiya Chris
    James O`Toole married Mary Ellen Redmond Sep qtr 1893 8b 293
    so the death of Mar E OToole in 1818 IS CORRECT.....

ALLAN
    added....Mary Ellen Redmond b dec qtr 1872 Bootle 10b 673....so it looks like Mary Ellen wasn`t born in Ireland
    too much of a coincidence for them to marry and live in Bootle......probably James was from Dublin and Mary from Bootle....your decision....and she would have been 35 at her death..so your info was correct
    all on www.freebmd.org.uk .allan
    hi allan

thanks for your reply, my aunty has told me that my great grandmothers maiden name was o'sharkensey but i coundnt find any reference to the name so i think it was o'shaughnessy, i have recently found out through a member on this site, they looked at the 1911, 1901 and 1891 census neither my ggrandparents where born in ireland, it was my great great grandparents that came over

1911 census
    James O,Toole b 1872 Cotton porter born Liverpool
    Mary " " " 1872 " Liverpool
    Margaret " 1905 "
    Mary 1905 "
    Annie 1907 Bootle
    Catherine 1910 "
    55 Boreland St Bootle

1891 census shows your gg/grandparents
    Michael O,Toole b 1835 Ireland
    Margaret " 1844 "
    Martin " 1870 Liverpool