Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

skelly was starting to be implemented as the man who was trying to help the men get out of the country. He was questioned on the stand about a meeting at a place called "the white star" i think. He was basically accused of knowing about the murders and trying to help get Kelly and Connolly out of the country.

Check your English, Lad. I think you mean "implicated".
    I don't agree with your surmise anyway. Balmer had already stated that Skelly's alibi that he was drunk in the Coach & Horses at the time of the murder had been fully accepted. Thus there was no chance of Skelly being implicated either in the murder itself or the White Star scenario. And if there was a chance of being implicated in the latter, why wasn't he charged with being an Accessory After the fact? The fact that he wasn't surely proves that Northam and Dickson were lying and that Balmer - who wrote their script anyway - obviously knew this.

... perhaps you should try reading... read my info again and then read yours,

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLad View Post
    ... perhaps you should try reading... read my info again and then read yours,
    Once again Lad, very vague and very cryptic! It doesn't make sense.Why don't you try to explain in plain English what you mean?

hmm plain english? They were starting to imply Jim was part of it. Yes I know all the info regarding how he could have no part of it, but that didn't stop the cops from pinning it on George or Charles either, did it? It's called a Witch Hunt. Witch hunts don't stop until there's nothing left to burn. My personal opionion (and that is all it ever was based on information gathered) is that the defense tried to keep one more innocent man out of said hunt. Clear enough, . Anywho.. anyone out there know how to reach Lou Santangelli? I'm betting his input would be invaluble.

Blog Entries

I dont think that Lou wants to get involved with this.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLad View Post
    hmm plain english? They were starting to imply Jim was part of it. Yes I know all the info regarding how he could have no part of it, but that didn't stop the cops from pinning it on George or Charles either, did it? It's called a Witch Hunt. Witch hunts don't stop until there's nothing left to burn. My personal opionion (and that is all it ever was based on information gathered) is that the defense tried to keep one more innocent man out of said hunt. Clear enough, . Anywho.. anyone out there know how to reach Lou Santangelli? I'm betting his input would be invaluble.

I think your'e way off beam here Lad. I don't know about Canada but in British trials, the "defence" are only interested in defending the accused, not someone who is not accused i.e. Skelly. Thus the defence counsel were not concerned about keeping him out of the "Witch Hunt".
    And the only person who "implied" - in all innocence - that Skelly may have been involved was Connolly, due to the gossip from Dennis Barker in the police van.
    Neither the police or prosecution ever tried to imply Skelly was a guilty party. As I said previously, if this was possible, make no mistake Balmer would have had a very good try!
    As for Santangeli, as Captain Kong says, I doubt whether he would want to be involved...not after the disgraceful treatment he suffered at the hands of Kelly's solicitors and family.

[QUOTE=CanadianLad;212871]hmm plain english? They were starting to imply Jim was part of it. Yes I know all the info regarding how he could have no part of it, but that didn't stop the cops from pinning it on George or Charles either, did it? It's called a Witch Hunt. Witch hunts don't stop until there's nothing left to burn. My personal opionion (and that is all it ever was based on information gathered) is that the defense tried to keep one more innocent man out of said hunt. Clear enough, . Anywho.. anyone out there know how to reach Lou Santangelli? I'm betting his input would be invaluble.[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps Skelly's input would be even more valuable, Lad. Ever tried contacting him?

Blog Entries

I know how to contact Lou, but he would not want to be involved in this discussion.
    Also which Skelly are you on about? George or Jimmy.? It is a bit difficult to contact Jimmy at the moment.

What is done is done, nothing can change the facts now.

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    I know how to contact Lou, but he would not want to be involved in this discussion.
    Also which Skelly are you on about? George or Jimmy.? It is a bit difficult to contact Jimmy at the moment.

What is done is done, nothing can change the facts now.

I meant George Skelly, the author of the book. In that book I think he says his brother Jimmy is no longer alive. And even if Santangeli is not interested maybe he could locate George for you.

George Skelly probably wouldn't want to speak to Canadian Lad either as all the answers are in his book anyway.

Blog Entries

George is also an old friend, we are in daily contact and he doesnt want to know. The deeds have been done and no amount of conjecture can change a thing.
    Just enjoy the book.

George Skelly is a good friend of mine. I could put Canadian lad in touch with him if he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    George Skelly is a good friend of mine. I could put Canadian lad in touch with him if he wanted.

There you go. Over to you, Lad!

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast