Every four years or so we are asked to vote for a person that we know very little about. Whether it be his/her personality, lifestyle, honesty or voting patterns in the House of Commons. We are asked to put our trust in someone, man or woman, who is supposed to act in our best interests. But on many occasions fall down on that commitment.
Your MP is someone who would, and in fact has done, take us into a war without any consultation or consideration of our opinion should we oppose his view.
An MP is perceived to make pledges to the people who voted for him/her but forgets to uphold them when he/she secures the majority vote and takes office.
As recent adverse newspaper reports reveal, MPs are more than likely to discard the problems of the electorate and look after themselves as the recent expenses scandal has shown.

The purpose of this thread is to test the average voter's knowledge of their MP and see if they're satisfied with his/her performance. Your vote is extremely important and you should consider if the individual who is asking for it, is worthy of it.
I'll start with mine: George Howarth. Some of this info is from personal knowledge and some is from the website: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mps/

Background:
Lived in Knowsley and was educated locally. Spent many years on Knowsley Borough Council and held several chair positions.
Sought the vacant position of MP when the local Labour Party booted out Robet Kilroy-Silk. Aided and abetted by his father-in-law George Rogers, who was Librarian in Walworth Road, Labour Party Hdqrs. George Rogers campaigned directly for Howarth to Neil Kinnock and as a result of that meeting George Howarth was imposed over the wishes of the local Labour Party. Howarth had the support of ONE Labour party branch and the other person in contention for the seat was Les Huckfield, who had the support of the other branches, about SEVEN
Performance:
Since being elected to the House 1986, George Howarth has had less than moderate success. One would think that after 24yrs in office he would have stamped his mark on one major issue. Alas there's no evidence he's achieved very much. In fact the only thing George has been successful at is looking after Number One.
His expenses are high. Staffing costs-£99,655 (2010) He employs his wife and his son at the expense of the taxpayer and as Parliamentary adviser to the William Hill Organisation he gets an additional (£25,001-£30,000) per annum on top of his MPs salary.
Got star billing in the Telegraph's: Most Ludicrous expense claim. For an antique Chest of Drawers; Cost £1,000. Reason for purchase; To go with his antique Wardrobe.

So is my Labour MP worthy of my support? I don't think so.