Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Central Hall

Default Project

Hello!

I have been reading everyone's posts about Central Hall with much interest. I am a PhD student who is researching an architectural history of Methodist Central Halls (of which over 100 were built). One of my case studies will be the Hall on Renshaw Street.

I was wondering if anyone had mementoes, photos, souvenirs and memories relating to the Hall and would be willing to share them with me and, if possible, I also hope to interview people regarding their thoughts and memories of the Hall - good and bad.

I am on the University of Manchester website, where all my contact details are

Angela Connelly - Current Architecture PhD Students (School of Environment and Development - The University of Manchester)

Many thanks,

Angela Connelly

thank you very much for interesting and priceless information!
    btw - old gentleman in the shop behind the organ in GC Hall said to me that in Barselona is absolutely the same building - replica of GC. ..or GC is replica of it...not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lenka View Post
    thank you very much for interesting and priceless information!
    btw - old gentleman in the shop behind the organ in GC Hall said to me that in Barselona is absolutely the same building - replica of GC. ..or GC is replica of it...not sure.
    Hi lenka

It would appear, from Angela Connelly's post (no. 31) preceding yours, that conceivably the Methodists has a design for their Central Halls so there are probably a number of them that are architecturally similar.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123