Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Central Village Liverpool City Center

Hi Kev,
    Glad you like my pics & thanks for your nice comments.
    I'm a keen Amateur Photography, I like taking pics of Demolition of building & there re birth. On a trip to Liverpool last year I noticed there was so much development going on that I decided to try and follow it so I make 1 or 2 trips a month to capture these developments.

I've 100's of these development pics. I put quite alot of these on Flickr & on Skyscraper Forum, and now on here.

Check my signature.....[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by urchin View Post
    Any idea what it will look like?
    Like this... http://www.skyscrapernews.com/images...ower2_pic2.jpg
    or this http://www.skyscrapernews.com/images...ower2_pic3.jpg
    or this http://www.skyscrapernews.com/dump/water.jpg
    or this http://www.skyscrapernews.com/dump/newington.jpg

A lot more Info here on a Skyscraper Forum thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...4&postcount=27
    My Liverpool Flickr Collection here:- Liverpool Collection...

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by urchin View Post
    Any idea what it will look like?
    something like this -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	centralvillage4.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	21304  

Default What’s Happening With Central Village?

With its first tenants lined up, and building well under way, can the new Central Village development save the Ropewalks from its recent, turbulent history? David Lloyd looks at the blueprints.
    More...

That is simply amazing! It nice to see that part of the city being developed at long last and any improvement to Central Station is welcome - it's a hovel.

We've seen how Liverpool ONE gets so busy and buzzing at the weekends and if they can recreate this here too then it will transform this part of the city centre. I'm a bit worried Bold Street might lose it's character though.

Blog Entries

The area is really beginning to take shape and will certainly be another great area for Liverpool City Center!

Pics people
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstreets View Post
    With its first tenants lined up, and building well under way, can the new Central Village development save the Ropewalks from its recent, turbulent history? David Lloyd looks at the blueprints.
    More...
    Urgghh... Opinions like this really annoy me - they're only half way through building the car park, they've not even started anything else, yet the story is just another moan!

I for one am very pleased with this development! I have lived on Wood Street and worked in Clayton Square for the past 4 years and since Liverpool One opened, this part of town has been DEAD!
    This development will bring life back into the area, and I'm pleased that this will be right on my doorstep. I was very jealous of friends when they moved into One Park West and had everything there, now I can enjoy this new part of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenface View Post
    ...... I'm a bit worried Bold Street might lose it's character though.
    The somewhat classy character that Bold Street had in the 60's has already completely gone...

Liverpool Central Station to close for Multi-million pound transformation

Liverpool Central Station it was announced today, will close next year between April & August to make way for vast improvements.

Set to include platform expansion, retail expansion and a new glass ceiling and walls, the busiest underground station outside London will become a vibrant exciting entrance to the RopeWalks area and the new Central Village scheme.

More >>

For more information about the Central Village scheme see www.centralvillageliverpool.com

The number of platforms needs to be increased because it's long been a hazard simply because of the size.

Lime Street is not as busy as Central and it has nine platforms. Thousands of people living above and increase in shoppers visiting the new stores, can only add to the current issues which make it hazardous.

They would be wise to consider doubling the amount of platforms at least it as the footfall will increase significantly when this development is completed.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011