Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Loop Line/Cycle Track (CLC)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    theninesisters

Default Liverpool Loop Line/Cycle Track (CLC)

Couldn't find a specific thread for the massive Loop Line which runs from Halewood to Bootle (and beyond?).

I'll start with a map!
    Last edited by theninesisters; 03-23-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Gnomie

Yaaaay The Ralla

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    Yaaaay The Ralla
    is that the same ralla i know . behind walton jail. i used to play down the big ditches and walk thought, there was a set of bridges there with 3 acres.

was this part of the loop lane and dose anyone know if there was a station there at one time.

theninesisters

Quote Originally Posted by liverlad08 View Post
    is that the same ralla i know . behind walton jail. i used to play down the big ditches and walk thought, there was a set of bridges there with 3 acres.

was this part of the loop lane and dose anyone know if there was a station there at one time.
    Have a gander at - http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/

Last summer i used to ride my bike from east prescot road up to aintree,then all the way down to halewood and back up to east prescot road. hard work but good exercise. Learnt a valuable lesson cycling up the ralla in the summer, NEVER RIDE WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN! Midgies taste horrible!
    Don't believe everything you hear..... Just everything you say.

theninesisters

Quote Originally Posted by peewak View Post
    Last summer i used to ride my bike from east prescot road up to aintree,then all the way down to halewood and back up to east prescot road. hard work but good exercise. Learnt a valuable lesson cycling up the ralla in the summer, NEVER RIDE WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN! Midgies taste horrible!
    Hahah - the WORST place is riding towards West Derby station. Here, you are deep in the cutting and all the water drains off either side of the track. In summer the stench is amazing and even worse if you decide to be an arse and fall in it like I once did

Quote Originally Posted by Jona76 View Post
    Hahah - the WORST place is riding towards West Derby station. Here, you are deep in the cutting and all the water drains off either side of the track. In summer the stench is amazing and even worse if you decide to be an arse and fall in it like I once did
    Lol i've lived around the queens drive/prescot road area all my life, nothing and i mean nothing beats the smell of the old frog breeding stagnant pond that was there before the loop line was built, would loved to have seen someone fall in and get £200 of beadle
    Don't believe everything you hear..... Just everything you say.

Quote Originally Posted by peewak View Post
    You must have passed me a few times.At that time I used to go from home (near Goodison park) to Aintree then down to Halewood then back to Aintree then home.I used to break this up by cycling past the wetlands at Wango lane and through Melling ,along the canal to Maghull and then to Lydiate.

Try cycling into greenfly instead of midges.They're not as bad.

I think it was known as the raller no matter what district you lived in that it passed through. It can be seen in the A-Z too in case anyone not familiar with it wants to track its route.

Default Muggers on the line and feral rabbits

a few years ago me and me kids were riding along me son and his mate wee about 100 metres ahead, and these three lads (one with abike and two without) stopped them for a bit then me son rode off and then stopped and waited for me, turns out the lads had been trying to get the bikes off them, so I rode back...jumped off the bike and grabbed the biggest one by the throat (yeah I was more surprised thna they were) gave them a mouth ful then in a a fit of anger I picked up their bike and chucked it down the embankment.Their bike was obviously nicked as it had been overpainted. My kids were well impressed......anyone seen the feral rabbits are they still there??

glad you sorted them Steve

Sorry to say but the cycle track is plagued with feral kids, it has got a bad reputation there for that kind of thing. Some people won't use the loop line for that reason.

the clc is swarming with yobs. it all out of the way perfect place for trouble there should be cctv along it

MarkA

Summer's the time to use it. There were times last summer when more police passed me and the kids on mountain bikes than ordinary cyclists. It's not too bad now between Gateacre and The Broadway bridge, anywhere past either of those and I've always got my angry head on which deters any would be scallys.

I did the Aintree to Halewood and back run last week and am regretting it as I was still not fully recovered from the flu.

theninesisters

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    I did the Aintree to Halewood and back run last week and am regretting it as I was still not fully recovered from the flu.
    I bet we're all passing each other on the loop line thinking 'scally'

We should all wear yoliverpool.com stickers on our face!!

One day I'd love to actually walk from Childwall to Halewood - it's a tad far though I did most of it one time when getting a cracking puncture.

Picture is one of my fav places - the view from the track up to Childwall Church.
    Last edited by theninesisters; 03-23-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast