Thread: Bendy-buses in Liverpool

Blog Entries

Default Bendy-buses in Liverpool

Some red bendy-buses have been seen in Liverpool. Ex nearly new London buses. The buffoon of mayor Johnson, is off-loading them for political reasons, not operational. So Liverpool may gain big time. Or will we............
    Lord Adonis attacks Boris Johnson over rising cost of Tube upgrades

Transport Secretary Lord Adonis has attacked Boris Johnson over the soaring cost of upgrading the Tube.

Lord Adonis taunted the Mayor by saying he was prepared to take control of Transport for London - and would reverse Mr Johnson's plans to ditch the western extension of the congestion charge zone and scrap bendy buses.

He said the “hundreds of millions of pounds” that this would save could then be reinvested in the Tube modernisation, for which the Mayor is demanding an extra £400 million from the Government.

Today's comments follow a sharply-worded response from Lord Adonis after the Mayor appealed for additional public money to pay for the continuing upgrade of the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines.

In the letter, which was made public today by the Department for Transport, Lord Adonis told the Tory mayor: “It is not acceptable for you to ask Government to bail you out if you cannot balance your accounts.”
    The article

It is nice to see the government acts against a buffoon - but wee may lose out. Bendy-buses on segregated bus lanes does the same as trams. They hold 150 people. The we can forget this tram nonsense.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Blog Entries

Ben on them in London and Leeds. They seem to work.

Blog Entries

Lord Adonis. You are joking?

Adonis is one of the most complex cult figures in classical times. He has had multiple roles, and there has been much scholarship over the centuries concerning his meaning and purpose in Greek religious beliefs. He is an annually-renewed, ever-youthful vegetation god, a life-death-rebirth deity whose nature is tied to the calendar. His name is often applied in modern times to handsome youths.

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    Some red bendy-buses have been seen in Liverpool. Ex nearly new London buses. The buffoon of mayor Johnson, is off-loading them for political reasons, not operational. So Liverpool may gain big time. Or will we............

The article

It is nice to see the government acts against a buffoon - but wee may lose out. Bendy-buses on segregated bus lanes does the same as trams. They hold 150 people. The we can forget this tram nonsense.
    Didn't we used to have these buses in the 80's?

We have a few here.. Hawaii...Way to big if you ask me.. I loved the red double deckers in England.. I wish they kept those.. the culture screams England when you see one... In San Francisco California.. They have some of the double deckers trollies..to get people us the steep hills... They are also the ICON of San Francisco.. Keep your culture alive....

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    We have a few here.. Hawaii...Way to big if you ask me.. I loved the red double deckers in England.. I wish they kept those.. the culture screams England when you see one... In San Francisco California.. They have some of the double deckers trollies..to get people us the steep hills... They are also the ICON of San Francisco.. Keep your culture alive....
    The San Fransisco culture (home of the wierdos...:^)...) does have cable cars and street cars as an icon as you say - but I don't think that they have ever had any that are double deckers.

The cable cars are different than the street cars, and I don't think the cables could pull a double decker up those hills. The stret cars would be limited by the height of the power lines.

Good info here --

http://www.sfcablecar.com/

According to this history page, there are not any double decker street cars anywhere operational (in regular service) in the world....

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfleet/histcars.php

They are a good tourist attraction, and Tucson just expanded it's line downtown...

http://www.railwaypreservation.com/v...ley/tucson.htm

They even "recycled" a 30's trolley from Brussels for the route...

http://www.oldpueblotrolley.org/1511.htm

Old news.They are a bag of sh17e.Like London we don't have the space on our roads for them.London only got them because that idiot Livingstone hates cars.I hate to say this but good on ya Boris.Hock them off to some third world country like France or the U.S.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by az_gila View Post
    The San Fransisco culture (home of the wierdos...:^)...) does have cable cars and street cars as an icon as you say - but I don't think that they have ever had any that are double deckers.

The cable cars are different than the street cars, and I don't think the cables could pull a double decker up those hills. The stret cars would be limited by the height of the power lines.

Good info here --

http://www.sfcablecar.com/

According to this history page, there are not any double decker street cars anywhere operational (in regular service) in the world....

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfleet/histcars.php

They are a good tourist attraction, and Tucson just expanded it's line downtown...

http://www.railwaypreservation.com/v...ley/tucson.htm

They even "recycled" a 30's trolley from Brussels for the route...

http://www.oldpueblotrolley.org/1511.htm
    They have double decker trams in Hong Kong, and I'm sure I've seen them somewhere else out that way, but for the life of me can't remember.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrismarsden View Post
    Didn't we used to have these buses in the 80's?
    I wasn't here much in the eighties, but I don't remember them.