Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see incentivised?

Your Move Magazine Your Move Magazine's Avatar

Lightbulb What would you like to see incentivised?

Have your say

With chips in bins set to reward those who recycle more than they throw away, what other environmentally friendly behaviors should be rewarded?

For more comments, see the latest issue online here under the 'Have your say' section.
    http://issuu.com/movepublishing/docs/your_move_259
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	852392_72855255..jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	850.0 KB 
ID:	14170  

Partsky

If you live near an animal sanctuary, give them your old fruit and veg for the rabbits etc. Give them those tins of cat or dog food your creature turns its nose up to. Give them your old towels and blankets you were going to throw out anyway. We live by Fir Tree (Melling) animal sanctuary and they always need this stuff. Local recycling ensures you know its not getting carted off to China to become someone elses problem.

Local recycling ensures you know its not getting carted off to China to become someone elses problem.

Wha' they've got to eat it?!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partsky View Post
    We live by Fir Tree (Melling) .
    I was around there a few weeks ago. Some lovely houses behind that pub. I think a famous dj lives there. Nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Move Magazine View Post
    Have your say

With chips in bins set to reward those who recycle more than they throw away, what other environmentally friendly behaviors should be rewarded?

For more comments, see the latest issue online here under the 'Have your say' section.
    http://issuu.com/movepublishing/docs/your_move_259
    The facility to get things repaired,which is becoming impossible,which means you have to buy a new one!How can that be environmently beneficial!!!!

Blog Entries

No one gets things repaired anymore Steve.

Debra

I would like to have my bin emptied more than once a week , it's currently emptied once a fortnight ..
    Sefton council dont take cardboard in their recycling box , or plastic bottles ..
    They gave us disgusting little green food boxes that they collect once a week .. No bags allowed in it , so they expect us to keep using this horrific thing with week old slops in it ..
    Heres an incentive , get the goverment to stop building runways , and leave us alone ...
    As Steve says , it's a problem in China , plus the fact , the council is now saying it's not as lucrative for them to recycle anymore because of rising costs ....
    Get big compaines to use less packaging , then i might consider sifting through my household rubbish ..

Things are made to break so that you have to buy another. Cars are the worst with sealed units that cannot be opened and have parts replaced.

Blog Entries

Yes Debra, they use far too much packaging. I got bananas the other day in a plastic bag. Easter eggs are the worst.

Debra

I know , simple wrapping is the key , but then they wouldn't look so attractive on the shelves .. Supermarkets work to catch our eye , everything is set out to make us buy it ..

Blog Entries

Talking of packaging, ever tried to open a newe CD? It takes forever.

No wonder there are so many illegal downloads

Debra

Yes , many times .. And Toothbrushes , or razors , they come in a hard sealed plastic , i have cut myself loads of times , trying to open those things ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Yes , many times .. And Toothbrushes , or razors , they come in a hard sealed plastic , i have cut myself loads of times , trying to open those things ..
    That hard sealed plastic is the pits. Why isn't there an easier way to open that stuff.

Debra

I don't know .. These things are sent to try us , and cause us more stress .. They make me swear and throw them across the kitchen sometimes ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I don't know .. These things are sent to try us , and cause us more stress .. They make me swear and throw them across the kitchen sometimes ...
    Now why doesn't that surprise me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast