Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Skyscrapercity Liverpool

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    They're bangng on about creating some sort of 21st Liverpool Century Society which is a good idea, but none of them have a clue how to promote it media wise. Bunch of talking heads. I see Liverpolitan has taken over. Oh Dear! LOL!
    Just been reminded that Liverpolitan was the person who came out with the quoute about Capt Noel Chavasse: "I just don't think Liverpool should be elevating the memory of a posh person whose behaviour would probably not have been noted let alone remembered and rewarded if he or she was a member of the working class"

FKoE

'cept' if he was called Tony Benn aye :d

scouserdave

Brainstorming now:
    I wonder what Tony Benn thinks of Chavasse?
    BBC
    "Most poignant was possibly Captain Noel Chavasse, who "never fired a shot." The Liverpool doctor who "devoted his life to his boys," rescued the wounded in no-man's land, before dying in 1917"
    Last edited by scouserdave; 12-22-2006 at 09:35 PM.

Brainstorming now:
    I wonder what Tony Benn thinks of Chavasse?
    BBC
    "Most poignant was possibly Captain Noel Chavasse, who "never fired a shot." The Liverpool doctor who "devoted his life to his boys," rescued the wounded in no-man's land, before dying in 1917"
    I don't see why Captain Chavasse shouldn't have got his VC's. No harm in naming that park after him either.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Cissie Braithwaite View Post
    I don't see why Captain Chavasse shouldn't have got his VC's. No harm in naming that park after him either.
    I think we should name Newsham Park after Degsy Hatton. My mum was always complaining that I returned home smelling of dogshiite after visiting there as a kid.

FKoE

I think we should name Newsham Park after Degsy Hatton. My mum was always complaining that I returned home smelling of dogshiite after visiting there as a kid.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234