'Fountains Of Liverpool' should be the grand title of my first book. Dead easy, we only have about 2!! (Drinking fountains on the Dock Rd and the odd one in a park doesn't count).

Along with a long list of stuff I'd like to see, the sculptures etc, I'd love the city to commission shed-loads of fountains. I don't know why councils don't pick up on stuff like this (well, ok ££££££?). Anyone who's ever been to Rome can testify to the amazing enhancing effect quality fountains can have on a city's profile and it's environment.

The first one I'll commission is a huge spectacular baroque thing for the Adelphi/Lewiss' road juction at the bottom of Brownlow Hill (it's got a name that junction though I've forgotten what).

Second one, top of Church St/ Bold St.

Best Fountains In Liverpool
1. The 60's bucket one at the back of The Goree offices. This is a great thing. A work of conceptual art in itself. Wierd noises then cascades of water. I was told each stem of buckets represented one of the Beatles -great imagery- except there are 5 of em...
2. The Walker Fountain. It's ok. Classical, bit boring to be honest but nice enough.
.......and that's the Top 2 out of 2!

Anyone ever remember the Eros fountain in Seffo ever working?