Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women Bullied on Australian Ship

Default Women Bullied on Australian Ship

Blog Entries

Reminds me of that Village People song "In the Navy." They were just having a jolly old time.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrewr View Post
    "...The Ledger allegedly involved dollar values being placed on each woman's head, with larger amounts offered if the sailors could sleep with a female officer or a lesbian..."

The modern version of ship board gambling?

Blog Entries

Not like sailors at all....

Why would women want to go to sea. A bit odd if you ask me

Debra

What i found disturbing was , some of the women gave in , but then knew they'd move onto their collegues !
    Women should be able to join the Army ... Navy .. or anywhere they wish to join without fear of sexual harrassment ....

I don't find it in the least odd that women would want to join the Navy , we as women should be supportive of other women , no matter what proffession they choose to do !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    Why would women want to go to sea. A bit odd if you ask me
    Hi Suzi.
    There are many reasons that encourages one to join the navy. People consider it a noble decision and a decision influenced by patriotism. Those who want to serve their country in some or the other way, also opt for the navy. However, some decide to join the navy as a base for building a respectable career, and as a substitute to college or studying at an university for a degree. Joining the navy is an honor for many people, as they get the chance to work with the brave men and women who are ready to lay down their lives for protecting our shores. A position in the navy is a well-respected job, and surely makes a person proud. You can easily recognize a navy officer by her/his posture, her/his attitude, her/his confidence, and the way she/he carriey them selves.
    Reg..

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    What i found disturbing was , some of the women gave in , but then knew they'd move onto their collegues !
    Women should be able to join the Army ... Navy .. or anywhere they wish to join without fear of sexual harrassment ....

I don't find it in the least odd that women would want to join the Navy , we as women should be supportive of other women , no matter what proffession they choose to do !!!!!
    So true!

Blog Entries

Feminism, social engineering, or whatever, is never going to change the fact that men are men and women are women. We ARE different. Women are nurturers, men are hunters, warriors, protectors. Women have babies; men cannot. Women are the hope of our tribe's continuance on this earth. Most of our female members can point to the brutes, louts and layabouts in their lives, but that is not general among men. Nor are the ****s, or whatever you call them over there, stereotypical of all women. Unfortunately, too many of both sexes seem to be letting themselves down, in these modern times. Something must change, otherwise we, as a people, are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsette View Post
    Feminism, social engineering, or whatever, is never going to change the fact that men are men and women are women. We ARE different. Women are nurturers, men are hunters, warriors, protectors. Women have babies; men cannot. Women are the hope of our tribe's continuance on this earth. Most of our female members can point to the brutes, louts and layabouts in their lives, but that is not general among men. Nor are the ****s, or whatever you call them over there, stereotypical of all women. Unfortunately, too many of both sexes seem to be letting themselves down, in these modern times. Something must change, otherwise we, as a people, are doomed.
    Hi Samsette.
    Contrary to your statement that only Women can give birth....
    Men giving birth?
    By Vanessa Herrera
    A leading British fertility expert, Lord Winston, says it should be possible for a man to carry a baby to term and then deliver it by a Caesarean section. In Winston's view, modern medical technology will soon allow homosexual male couples to bear children, or allow a heterosexual male to carry a child if his wife is unable to for medical reasons.

"Male pregnancy would certainly be possible and would be the same as when a woman has an ectopic pregnancy -- outside the uterus -- although to sustain it, you'd have to give the man lots of female hormones," Winston told the Times. He will outline the concept in his new book, The IVF Revolution. IVF stands for in vitro fertilization.

Winston acknowledges that there could be a few problems with the technique. Among other things, the man could experience internal bleeding -- and he might grow breasts. "I don't think there would be a rush of people wanting to implement this technology," he said.

Presently, researchers are now busy perfecting a reliable birth-control drug for men. A five-year study, conducted by the ANZAC Research Institute in Sydney, involved 55 men using hormonal injections and implants as birth control. None of the men's partners conceived and there were no side effects compared to other trials, which have been terminated due to unforeseen problems. The contraceptive works by inhibiting sperm production through injections of progestin every three months. Since this hormone also reduces the sex drive, testosterone had to be implanted under the men's skin every four months to maintain their libido. After a 12-month period, participants would stop the treatment to recover their fertility.

Sounds interesting ,May be we will be no longer wanted soon.
    Reg.

Debra

OMG! Talk about mess with nature , men growning breasts and carrying babies ? It's worse than frankenstien , i reckon Winston has lost the plot ! I happen to have an I.V.F. baby , and the implications and complications of hormone therapy were bad enough for a woman to sustaiin , let alone a mere man ! And i doubt that a featus grown outside the womb would grow to full term , thus having more complications with a premature birth ... I'm going to read more into this , thanks for posting rbr !

Blog Entries

I am going to give that experiment a WIDE BERTH,

Debra

Expect to look something like this , only with BREASTS !!!
    http://

Blog Entries

I have said my piece. Don't mess with Mother Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsette View Post
    I think the only part of that statment that makes sense is that women give birth and men don't. Nurturing, hunting (fox hunting??) and 'warriors'?? are generally shared by both parents. Both are providers as long as they are both looking after the child. There is no set of rules (besides giving birth) that only one sex can do one thing and not another, look at the animal kingdom, female counterparts are just as strong as the male, usually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast