Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymond Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Amigo View Post
    Don't watch the show, but at the end of the day, the lad is not a good singer and he only made it to the final of the X factor, in which he was soundly thrashed by the far superior Leona Lewis, because of silly Scouse loyalty. Which is ridiculous as you are mean't to vote for the best singer, not someone from your town.

You seem to have forgotten what X Factor is all about. It's to find someone with the 'X' factor ie a bit more than just be able to sing in tune.
    Leona has an exceptional voice (but is a bit dull when she just stands still all the time), but Ray is a performer who can sing and dance. His singing may not be in the style that hits the top of the pop charts every week, but his overall performances that year fully deserved a place in the final.
    He had no chance of winning because the 'winner's song' that was chosen was better suited to Leona's vocal range and style.

Leona has got a great voice, but I like Ray Quinn's cheeky pesonality.
    Ray is a natural showman. Leona - well, she's just there isn't she.
    Last edited by lindylou; 03-23-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I dont like him, something very smarmy about him.

Not all the young lads here are scallies , even some hoodies are hard working honest lads. to say all are scallies is untrue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, WE Liverpudlians know that - - but very unfortunately a lot of people outside of Liverpool have this misconception of Liverpool being all neanderthal scallies on the rob. How many times have we had to defend our reputation against people who call us thieving Scousers. It makes my blood boil - but there are a lot of people who still believe this stupid myth about us.

Someone commented to me yesterday that Ray won't win because everyone hates Scousers and they will try to keep us out by not voting for him.

So I am made up when a Scouser does well and especially when it is for all the nation to see. It's one in the eye for all the Liverpool bashers as far as I am concerned.

I know Ray irritates some people because he is a bit smarmy - - but give me 100 Ray Quinns any day than some of the scumbags and who drag our name in the gutter.

His hard work and ambition is a better role model for young kids - better that than the kids looking up to some local wannabe gangsta' drug pusher'
    Last edited by lindylou; 03-23-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macateb View Post
    You seem to have forgotten what X Factor is all about. It's to find someone with the 'X' factor ie a bit more than just be able to sing in tune.
    Leona has an exceptional voice (but is a bit dull when she just stands still all the time), but Ray is a performer who can sing and dance. His singing may not be in the style that hits the top of the pop charts every week, but his overall performances that year fully deserved a place in the final.
    He had no chance of winning because the 'winner's song' that was chosen was better suited to Leona's vocal range and style.
    Can't say I totally agree with you. To me the only other act you could compare him to on X factor is the Cheeky Girls. He was no more than a novelty act, and yet he didn't even produce a one hit wonder, so he's less successful than the Cheeky Girls. I've heard better singers on kareoke night in a old mans pub.

I not seen the lad dance to judge if he is any good, on the X Factor, I only saw him stand there clicking his fingers wearing a trilby. Grannys love a little crooner. Nor did I watch Dancing on Ice, but I did hear he is a good skater.

I don't dislike the lad himself, he comes across ok, like the lad whose a friend of a friend who you wouldn't really associate with but would chat to anyway.

I guess my gripe is if he wasn't a Scouser, then people from Liverpool wouldn't be so affectionate to him, like the rest of the country is now, and would not accuse people of being jealous simply because they don't rate him very high.

I bet Ray Quinn dont give a toss what anyone on this site thinks, he will be just getting on with the job of getting on. Ernie

Can say that about half the people on the Scouse Hall of Fame list, Alexi Sayle, Tom Slemen, Pete Price, Freddie Starr, all got their fare share of critics, but they will no doubt get on with their jobs. I just happen to think Ray is not that particularly talented. He wasn't a bad child actor, but as we not seen him on any other programs that require him to act, we won't know if he's Liverpools answer to Robert De Niro.

Quote Originally Posted by macateb View Post
    Sorry but he had no chance of winning because Leona was far far superior to him or anyone else in the show. Her vocal range is incredible, none of the others Ray included came near to it.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I bet Ray Quinn dont give a toss what anyone on this site thinks, he will be just getting on with the job of getting on. Ernie
    Nor should he and fair play to him, hard working lad.

Just not my cup of tea.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

Default wylie

Oh no, my two most hated Liverpool celebs, in one thread. Ray Quinn, a little oink who has one of those personalities you can't help but hate. .Thank god he has disappeared, down to London more than likely.
    Pete(who)Wylie. You remember. Made one song, got to about number25, in the eighties , i think,and next minute he's putting himself out as a great Liverpool musician. He got Lucky, about 25 years ago !!! Done nothing worth shouting about,since !!!. Neither have i, but i don't pretend to be talented, and tell everyone what its like being famous and a star. (you are kidding , Pete). Apparently, he 's from Anfield, there is a small amount of good in everyone.
    He really talks the talk,every chance he gets. Very impressed with himself. Completely crap, in reality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Oh no, my two most hated Liverpool celebs, in one thread. Ray Quinn, a little oink who has one of those personalities you can't help but hate. .Thank god he has disappeared, down to London more than likely.
    Pete(who)Wylie. You remember. Made one song, got to about number25, in the eighties , i think,and next minute he's putting himself out as a great Liverpool musician. He got Lucky, about 25 years ago !!! Done nothing worth shouting about,since !!!. Neither have i, but i don't pretend to be talented, and tell everyone what its like being famous and a star. (you are kidding , Pete). Apparently, he 's from Anfield, there is a small amount of good in everyone.
    He really talks the talk,every chance he gets. Very impressed with himself. Completely crap, in reality.
    Not like him then?

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Lol, you're not kidding. I knew P.W. His mum worked with mine and he lived around the corner from me. As a kid he was always wanting the attention.
    Some things never change!!

Pete(who)Wylie. You remember. Made one song, got to about number25, in the eighties , i think,and next minute he's putting himself out as a great Liverpool musician. He got Lucky, about 25 years ago !!!
    Thought this was about Ray Quinn
    Seeing as Pete Wylie was brought up, would that be the one song called "Sinful", that got to No 13 in 86 or "Story of the Blues" that got to No 3 in 82
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hmtmaj View Post
    Thought this was about Ray Quinn
    Seeing as Pete Wylie was brought up, would that be the one song called "Sinful", that got to No 13 in 86 or "Story of the Blues" that got to No 3 in 82
    2 top songs there.

I think people are being a bit mean about Ray Quinn, he is a very talented young lad, he has worked hard from a very young age to get where he is and I think he deserves it.

If any other young lad in Liverpool had kicked a ball around the street, went training, had some coaching and then got picked up by a footy team everyone would be patting him on the back all made up, even if he went to Manchester or London to play.
    Ray Quinn has been acting and dancing since he was a kid and all he gets is ripped.
    People in this city are so sad.......

Three hits as Wah!,and three as Pete Wylie,= 6! But as for being mouthy?got to agree there,though he did calm down a bit,after landing on his head in someones cellar,in Parliament st! Can't say much about Ray Quinn,except,if people like him,he'll do o.k.

P.S. P.W's best stuff never charted at all!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

And anyway......
    Ray Quinn. I don't like his smugness. Gotta give it to the lad though for getting where he is today.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast