Thread: On the Banks of the River Jordan - a Liverpool Ghost Story

Blog Entries

Post On the Banks of the River Jordan - a Liverpool Ghost Story

Hello all,

I'm back on here again at last and I expect some of you'll automatically assume I'm plugging something... <_<

... oh, all right then, I admit it. :( Sorry.

On the Banks of the River Jordan
    by John Reppion, cover by Meggan Kehrli
    Haunted History Series #7

Printings: March 2010 (150)
    Style: A5, staple-bound pamphlet
    Length: 20 pages

"Dear Brian,
    My name is John Reppion. You may remember that we corresponded briefly last year on the subject of my article "Where Goes the Blackberry Man". I am currently at something of a loose end whilst my wife, and day-to-day writing partner, is off visiting her sister for a few days prior to Christmas. It is at times such as these that I would normally take the opportunity to work on some of my more esoteric researches. Going through my notes, I came across a mass of material concerning Princes Park - the Victorian park adjacent to where I live - which I gathered whilst researching my book 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool. There are many intriguing and esoteric titbits associated with this locale . . . but I'm finding it hard to get the various pieces of information into a logical order. I'm sure there is an obvious angle, a path winding through these disparate elements that would draw the whole thing together . . . I wonder if I might ask you the favour of offering your opinion on material I have amassed thus far. If you are willing, I would like to "talk" through the disjointed data via email and hopefully make sense of it all in the act of doing so.
    Very best,
    John"

The booklet is part #7 of The Swan River Press Haunted Histories series and is available to order via http://www.brianjshowers.com/swanriverpress.html

I'm also giving away copies for FREE with every order of the new 3rd printing of my 2008 folklore/weird history book 800 Years of Haunted Liverpool (see http://www.moorereppion.com/ for ordering info).

thanks

John
    Comments? Questions? Subjects you'd like to see covered here?
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

Hello again John. Nice to see you back. This sounds very interesting and i'd be more than glad to have a copy.

Blog Entries

Thanks fortinian.

Some nice reviews up at http://www.moorereppion.com/fiction/...-river-jordan/ now.
    email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com

Blog Entries

*bump*

Just giving this post a polite nudge. Lots more reviews added to http://www.moorereppion.com/fiction/...-river-jordan/ now and I'm still getting very positive reactions, especially from people familiar with Toxteth and Princes Park. Even Ramsey Campbell was kind enough to say that he "loved" the story and that "it does very much what I was up to in Creatures of the Pool, citing Liverpool legends and traditions that seem so true I hope some readers won't be sure".

email me

Visit my website:
    moorereppion.com