Thread: HAUNTED SHIPS"S

Default HAUNTED SHIPS"S

Many ghost stories have their origins in the strange events that occur during wartime. One of the most bizarre is about the haunted German submarine UB-65.
    She was built in 1916 during ww1. During construction a series of accidents killed 5 men and injured several others.Although the crew was supertitious and reluctant to sail,the ship was needed badly , and so it was launched despite the ominous signs of impending doom.
    During the preparations for the subs first dive,a sailor threw himself over the side without warning. The captain continued the mission as if nothing had happened. But when he tried to surface, the UB-65 would not rise, the sea water began seeping into the sub, reaching the batteries and causing them to give deadley fumes. At last , the desperate captain managed to surface with his crew almost dead from suffocation.
    Back at port, the UB-65 was loading supplies when a torpedo exploded, killing 6 men including a lieutenant. Shortly after , a terrified petty officer and other sailors claimed the ghost of the dead lieutenant had come aboard. A few weeks later , while patrolling off the English coast, the ghost was spotted standing in the bows. The phantom appeared once more as the sub put into port. A few moments latter the captain was killed as enemy planes attached the harbour.
    A chaplain was summoned to drive away , or exorcise, the ghost. For the next few months, the UB-65 functioned normally,. Then suddenly the chief gunner went mad when he saw the ghost and killed himself, and the day after that ,the petty officer jumped over the side. In the next battle the ship was hit. The lights inside the sub flashed wildly , and an eerie green glow filled the hull. Once more the damaged UB-65 limped back to port.
    Late in the war, an American ship came across a strange sight. The crew saw the UB-65 abandoned and drifting at sea , Suddenly an explosion tore through the UB-65. Before it slid under , the figure of the ghostly officer appeared for the last time and the utter piercing cry of terror and pain came from the sub as she slid under.
    Reg

Blog Entries

Good story Reg. I've never been supersticious meself, but that would freak me a little.

Blog Entries

It sounds a little Slemanish.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Blog Entries

HAUNTING EXPERIENCE.
    I joined the Esso Yorkshire, a 90,000 ton tanker, in San Francisco, in January 1975, with my brother, John, who is a Master Mariner and Master Brewer, of the famous Aspinall`s Cambrinous Craft Brewery, purveyer of Fine Ales to the Northern Shires, from Knowlsley. The lad who was paying off was just leaving the cabin as I moved in .
    He said you won`t get much sleep in here it`s Effin` haunted. I just laughed thinking that he was joking.
    It started on the first night at sea as we sailed across the Pacific for the Persian Gulf , a 42 day voyage.
    I was 4 to 8 watch and at midnight the cabin lights came on and there was a guy wearing a white boiler suit, Esso logo, but face was just like a mist. He grabbed my leg and heaved me out of my bunk and I crashed onto the deck, I shouted and got to my feet and he was gone,
    I legged it up to the mess room and the only guy around was the 12 -4 standby man, smoking a ciggy and drinking coffee, "Some ba*t*rd has pulled me from my bunk" I said " Have you seen any one?" He replied no, he had been there all alone.
    On the bridge on watch at 4am I told the Mate all about it, he had known about the tale of the haunted cabin but there were no spare cabins on board as we had 12 NIKO workers on board doing maintenance .so I would have to stay there.
    This went on for several nights and my brother who had the cabin next door woke up one night and saw a man in a white boiler suit walk through his cabin door and then he heard the shouting and banging coming from my cabin, the coward legged it up to the mess room and stayed there for night , he did not come in to see what was happening to me.
    The ghost could pick me up as if I was completely weightless and throw me across the cabin at the formica bulkhead and bounce me off it, The bulkheads were all badly cracked.. Then one night he got my ankle and twisted it round and heaved me out including the mattress and crashed me onto the deck and broke my ankle, the cabin was completely wrecked and I was lying there in screaming agony, My brother legged it up and got the Mate and the Captain and they were horrified at the destruction of the cabin and what they saw. Though they had known about it they didn`t realise how bad it was, .
    The Captain said he could not log it as no one in the Office would believe it so he said he would log it as if I had fallen down a ladder. My ankle was strapped up with elastic bandages. I was off watch and laid up. I stayed up all night until about 2am to give the ghost time to sort himself out. I wasnt in the bunk at midnight.
    The Captain went through the old Log Books and discovered that a man, who was on the 8 to 12 watch had received a dear John letter from his wife and so he hung himself. in the cabin. So every night at just after midnight this man`s ghost was going to turn in and I was in his bunk.
    At Ras Tannurah in Saudi Arabia, 3 weeks later I went to the hospital; and had it x rayed and it seemed that it had healed OK and I was kept on light duties on day work for another two weeks just to make sure it had healed. We sailed for Guam in the Mariannas. When I got to Guam, I got a telegram to say my dear old Dad had died. The haunting stopped after that. So maybe Dad had a word with this guy.

Blog Entries

Spooky captain. Good story though.

Blog Entries

The old Queen Mary, now a hotel ship in Long Beach California is reported to be well Haunted. They even have a ghost Trail. and sometimes use Disney effects to enhance the tour.Very interesting.
    I had a terryfing experience one night on there. I awoke during the night, I heard a door opening, a flash of light, and the door shutting. I knew I had locked the cabin door so it could not be that. I lept out of bed, dashed to the cabin door, my heart was pounding in fear, even if you dont believe there is always the chance there might be ghosts. I unlocked the cabin door, looked down the alleyway. empty and silent. I had switched all the cabin lights on and then noticed the long haired one`s side of the bed was empty, she was in the bathroom.
    It was the bathroom door and lights before the door was shut that had awoken me.

Blog Entries

You're getting jumpy in your old age Captain...

Blog Entries

Does anyone know what has happened to Brian Daley???
    he has not been around for a while.

Hi Brian.
    The last e-mail I recieved from BrianD was about 10 days ago, he said he had to have some more test's done. Yesterday I sent a PM asking if he was ok , no answer yet.
    Reg.

Blog Entries

Thanks for that Reg, He didnt sound too good last time I spoke to him.
    Cheers
    Brian

Blog Entries

Hi Reg,
    Brian Daley has been without a network for a couple of weeks, he said he would be on line again next week. I thought he had snuffed it without telling us.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    Hi Reg,
    Brian Daley has been without a network for a couple of weeks, he said he would be on line again next week. I thought he had snuffed it without telling us.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Thank's Brian, I too also recieved an PM from BrianD (I have been without broadband for 3 weeks and have done no posting until today.)
    Reg.