Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Images of Liverpool Past

Living the Dream... Scouseinmanc's Avatar

Cheers guys - took the pic myself.
    Great site is this, I look forward to many more posts..!

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Scouseinmanc View Post
    Hi guys!
    New to this forum, so thought I'd start by posting a link on here to an excellent set of photos, taken by a young lady who lives in Seattle. I believe she lived in Lpool only for a year during the 80's, but captured our city wonderfully & just how I remember it, growing up as a child. Have a gander..!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancyo2...7594095382976/
    Na ncy's boss la! Been a long admirer of her photies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Welcome.
    Love your avatar.
    Yes, they're great photos.
    She's still very interested in Liverpool.
    Kev, how about inviting her to join us?
    I already have done when commenting on her pics, maybe a pm will do it.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I commented on number of her photos and PM ed her she never got back, it was the picture of the peoples festival held in Lime Street, and the other was of a very young FARM.
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Wow, people are talking about me? I'm flattered! To be honest, I did join the forum awhile back, but got distracted, forgot my login, but here I am.

I'm not quite sure how to upload photos to a thread (I want to embed them in the message, but do I need to link to a url to do that?), but i'll give it a try. Here's a picture from the spring of '87, I was working in London at the time but went up to Liverpool for a weekend to show a friend around who had never been. And instead of hitting the tourist hotspots (cathedrals, Albert Dock), I decide we should walk up to Stanley Dock along the sea wall. Nice introduction to the city, I figured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stop!.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	511.4 KB 
ID:	261  

Welcome, there are a number of people who have mentioned your photos on this forum and I think will be pleased to hear from you.
    I was around Liverpool at the time, and was at a number of the gigs, Peoples Festival, early farm gigs and have commented on a number of your picture, see an earlier posting on this thread.
    Do you have any pictures of The High Five, who played the People Festival and a number of gigs with the farm, bunnymen, teardrops, in fact their drummer was the original drummer from WAH Rob Jones?

Regards John

PhilipG

Welcome, Nancy.

I love your pictures on Flickr.
    I was busy taking photos of the old cinema buildings in the 1980s, but I did take other photos.
    I still need a new scanner, because I have quite a lot I could post.

FKoE

Quote Originally Posted by nancy o. View Post
    I'm not quite sure how to upload photos to a thread (I want to embed them in the message, but do I need to link to a url to do that?),

Exactly Nancy'o, yes you do, Howie has a page of tips somewhere telling you how yo imbed an image .. ... Great to have someone aboard that has documented the decline

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nancy o. View Post
    Wow, people are talking about me? I'm flattered! To be honest, I did join the forum awhile back, but got distracted, forgot my login, but here I am.

I'm not quite sure how to upload photos to a thread (I want to embed them in the message, but do I need to link to a url to do that?), but i'll give it a try. Here's a picture from the spring of '87, I was working in London at the time but went up to Liverpool for a weekend to show a friend around who had never been. And instead of hitting the tourist hotspots (cathedrals, Albert Dock), I decide we should walk up to Stanley Dock along the sea wall. Nice introduction to the city, I figured.
    Nancy O, so glad to have you here at last, a warm welcome from me to you, hope you stay around for a while Here's how to share your Flickr pics:

Click on your picture you want to share. Then follow the instructions on the screen grabs.

Its important that you go back to the original page as shown in picture 1. Flickr's terms and conditions state that you must link back to its photo page.

Read instruction 5 then 6 in order, they are both on the following picture...

Click on ok and preview the post to be sure the image appears and it links back to its Flickr page
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thanks Kev, I figured it was something like that! So I'll give it another go, here's a photo I recently tried printing by myself in a darkroom class and is a little better than the faded, washed-out image in my Liverpool set (some of you may have seen this in my photostream already). If I ever get enough darkroom time I'd like to do a proper set of prints.

And John, sorry no photos of the High Five, though I do remember seeing them a couple of times.

Last edited by Kev; 11-26-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks Nancy.

By the way I put some comments to your people festival picture, which I believe was the Lime Street event startin Wah, Aswad and the High Five was I correct?

Blog Entries

@Nancy, I edited the pic so it links back to your original. Try clicking on it, you should see what I mean.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful snaps:

Kev
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Goin' up up up The Teardrop Explodes's Avatar

I live for photos like this.

Nancy, Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Here's a question about the Dingle Knot Hole: It looks very much like the outcrop of rock that is currently opposite the old Garden Festival site. There is a roundabout there and the Riverside Drive runs past too. Just to the left would be the Britania Pub. Its almost like its taken from the Garden Festival itself by the old dome.

I think this is a fantastic question and I think it is entirely possible that it is the same rocky outcrop given the in-fill that was dumped later in the 20th century would have extended the land further than the original headland. Could someone get a picture of the rock feature and we could compare the shots directly? Thanks in advance!

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast