Thread: Images of Wirral

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Great shot there!

Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Thanks for comments...
    I am triying to improve my night shots nowadays..
    Lets walk at Egremont Promenade at night..

A bit closer look

Last edited by kebabman; 07-31-2007 at 03:04 AM.

Default Wallasey Town Hall

kat2

I was wondering if one of your panoramic shots was used in the "wirral Globe", this week?
    kat

Wonderful and well taken. It's a bit late so haven't been through them all. I think two of the best places to take pictures from are from the top of Argyle Street South from which location that awesome iconic picture of the Ark Royal being built at Cammel Lairds was taken in the 1930s.
    The other is from the Egremont Hotel at Egremont, especially at night. I am very well travelled and though never complacent have seen some beautiful views.
    But stepping from that pub on a summer's night, when the Mersey was like a mirror, the reflections of the Liverpool lights, and of course the Pier Head ............. it took the breath away.
    Oh, one other ideal spot. From the top of Thornton Road in Bebington. A beautiful suburban tree lined avenue and perfectly framed at the end of it, Liverpool Anglican Cathedral. I cannot believe we take such beautiful views for granted.
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Hi kat,
    I haven't received my copy yet ,but I have sent them to use it if they want to.
    In a year time when I learned a bit more of my camera I beleive I can challange their photographerI need more practice

Here is another shot of Wallasey Town Hall ,with warmer colour.

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    Wonderful and well taken. It's a bit late so haven't been through them all. I think two of the best places to take pictures from are from the top of Argyle Street South from which location that awesome iconic picture of the Ark Royal being built at Cammel Lairds was taken in the 1930s.
    The other is from the Egremont Hotel at Egremont, especially at night. I am very well travelled and though never complacent have seen some beautiful views.
    But stepping from that pub on a summer's night, when the Mersey was like a mirror, the reflections of the Liverpool lights, and of course the Pier Head ............. it took the breath away.
    Oh, one other ideal spot. From the top of Thornton Road in Bebington. A beautiful suburban tree lined avenue and perfectly framed at the end of it, Liverpool Anglican Cathedral. I cannot believe we take such beautiful views for granted.
    View from Egremont Pub is excellent,agree with you hundred percent..I often go there for taking photos and have a pint...Everyone there know me as a Efe because my other shop called Efes on King St...

Dear kat,
    I have just checked wirral globe website they have published one of my photo ,I have sent them 2 photos..one of them was Egremont Prom walk,second was walk in central park...They published central park ..

and they stated "A tree-mendous photograph taken by Sefik Akkurt in Central Park in Wallasey"

here is the photo

Last edited by kebabman; 08-02-2007 at 05:29 AM.

A ship called orangeleaf was at Wirral water territories/ at West Float last week 27/7/2007 ...Pictured at 20.48 from Poulton Bridge Rd...
    A bit hdr touches

Shot with a graduated ND filter. Its Vale Park.

Hi pete,
    That is tree-mendous photograph of Green Flag Awarded Vale Park...If you send a copy to Vale Park Cafe ,they will be proudly display your photo on their wall..

Today I was around Poulton Bridge Rd and West Float has a few visitors again

Last edited by kebabman; 08-03-2007 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kebabman
    Dear kat,
    I have just checked wirral globe website they have published one of my photo ,I have sent them 2 photos..one of them was Egremont Prom walk,second was walk in central park...They published central park ..

and they stated "A tree-mendous photograph taken by Sefik Akkurt in Central Park in Wallasey"

They have also added other photo to their website,at the mean time I still have not receive my copy of Globe

chippie

cracker photo Kebabman

Before I went to work about 16.30 pm there was partiying at Vale Park.It is called Summer at Vale Park...

After work about 04.30 am in the morning every bit around Vale Park and end of Magazine Lane was very peacefull..

Here is very similar 2 photo..
    Egremont Prom and Liverpool skyline in same frame.

A bit different look

Last edited by kebabman; 08-04-2007 at 07:21 AM.

Ssshhhhh I am torn between keeping quiet and extolling the loveliness of Seacombe, Egremont, Wallasey and New Brighton promenades.
    Perfect as it is: do we really want tens of thousands getting in the way of the views
    I often ask Liverpudlians if they have been over there. The usual reply, not since I was a kid. Here we have on our doorstep an asset the rest of the country would give its right arm for yet it is unheralded. Amazing oversight. Great photos. Thanks.
    War is the terrorism of the rich... Terrorism is the war of the poor. - Peter Ustinov

Vale Park at background

Last edited by kebabman; 08-07-2007 at 04:08 AM.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast