Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boutiques

Tried out the term "Boutique" on a couple of teen's, and the response was a bit vague...a sort of shop!?

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lindac8941 View Post
    lindylou. Thats a very pretty dress, I remember when polka dots where all the rage. I remember having a dress/coat in navy and white spots. Do you remember them, they were very lightweight and the coat was the same material as the dress. I had black and white patent leather shoes with white ribbon for laces. omg I must have looked a proper div. .
    You must of looked a div coz my sister wore the same stuff and she looked a div too

Yer, ha ha I most probably did look a div, but so did many thousands. I decided in the end to be a hippy, I threw away the smart gear and opted for the long maxis feather boas, suede fringed waistcoats, with matching bag, and of course the obligatory bell around my neck. ha ha. It was now the summer of Lurv 1969. And all I wanted to do was go to San Fransisco and wear flowers in my hair. I searched everywhere for a bell, in the end I went to the local pet shop and bought a budgie bell. . Thats no joke either. My dad p****d himself laughing and I never did get to San Fransisco, I never even got to go to Woodstock, the nearest I got was The Liverpool Stadium, to watch all the bands. Not quite the same. But the good news is this year 41 years late I know, I may be going to San Fransisco, but alas the hippys have alll since gone. So have my maxi dresses too.

Yer, ha ha I most probably did look a div, but so did many thousands. I decided in the end to be a hippy, I threw away the smart gear and opted for the long maxis feather boas, suede fringed waistcoats, with matching bag, and of course the obligatory bell around my neck. ha ha. It was now the summer of Lurv 1969. And all I wanted to do was go to San Fransisco and wear flowers in my hair. I searched everywhere for a bell, in the end I went to the local pet shop and bought a budgie bell. . Thats no joke either. My dad p****d himself laughing and I never did get to San Fransisco, I never even got to go to Woodstock, the nearest I got was The Liverpool Stadium, to watch all the bands. Not quite the same. But the good news is this year 41 years late I know, I may be going to San Fransisco, but alas the hippys have alll since gone. So have my maxi dresses too.
    Are you sure you ain't my elder sister ? She used to go out with little silver and gold stars stuck to her face. Crazy trend!!

I used to go to the Cavern and in the 80s I went over all Gary Glittery (Not in that way before you say anything. ) Anyhow me and my mate went theire one night, I had a pair of jeans, which I had wrote in Glitter down each leg, Rock , Roll, I wore silver lipstick, eyeshadow and nails. omg When I think about what I must have looked like. Well it was the glam rock period.

Tee, hee, a budgie bell....it gets better I can't talk,if you could see me in me loons, and grandad vest......

I used to go to the Cavern and in the 80s I went over all Gary Glittery (Not in that way before you say anything. ) Anyhow me and my mate went theire one night, I had a pair of jeans, which I had wrote in Glitter down each leg, Rock , Roll, I wore silver lipstick, eyeshadow and nails. omg When I think about what I must have looked like. Well it was the glam rock period.
    I think you mean the 70's ?

Deffo the 70's unless you where way behind with the trend ? Did you have Birmingham bags in the 90's ?

Sorry Steve, yes i meant early 70s. I have been around that long, I am even getting the decades mixed up. .

George

I remember spraying my DrMartins silver and going out in a silk black shirt with beige collars and wearing jeans.

What a wally.

Sorry Steve, yes i meant early 70s. I have been around that long, I am even getting the decades mixed up. .
    Must of been all the hippie drugs in the 60's that's caused that;

No, no Birminham bags, but I do have bags now, under my eyes that is. . I did have parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I remember spraying my DrMartins silver and going out in a silk black shirt with beige collars and wearing jeans.

What a wally.
    Please please please post a pic...

L.S.D ? Purple Hearts? The only thing near to them that I took was Paracetomal for headaches and Love Hearts,

No, no Birminham bags, but I do have bags now, under my eyes that is. . I did have parallels.
    Parallels ? You mean "**** stoppers" ?
    I had drainee's, uncomfy as hell. I was glad when flares came back in

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast