Thread: Liverpool Districts - A List

Default Liverpool Districts - A List

Does anyone have a difinative list of our Liverpool Districts?

There seems to be a wide range on the net, some which miss out the smaller ones and some which fail to recognise larger areas!

My reason for asking is that I'm designing a website and need a list of all Districts in Liverpool - but how far do I go?

Would you be offended if you lived in Thingwall and was classed as Knotty Ash or similer if you lived in Bowring Park and were classed as Huyton?

The A-Z gives a good indication. Are the likes of Little bongs and Stanley still shown for instance?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Although within the West Derby boundary, where I live used to be known as Mill Yard.

Here's a list of some of the towns/ villages covered in Merseyside;

Aigburth, Aigburth Vale, Ainsdale, Aintree, Allerton, Anfield, Arno Hill, Arrowe Hill, Arrowe Park, Ashtons Green, Bank Nook, Barnston, Bebington, Belmont Road, Bevington Bush, Bidston, Bidston Moss, Billinge Chapel End, Birchley, Birkenhead, Birkenhead Park, Birkenhead St Anne, Blackbrook, Blacklow Brow, Bleak Hill Brow, Blowick, Blundells Hill, Blundellsands, Bold, Bold Heath, Bootle, Bootle Cum Linacre, Bowring Park, Brackenwood, Brighton le Sands, Brimstage, Broad Oak, Broadgreen, Bromborough, Bromborough Pool, Brown Edge, Buckley Hill, Cabbage Hall, Calderstones Park, Caldy, Carlett Park, Carr Houses, Carr Mill, Castle Field, Chadwick Green, Chapel Brow, Childwall, Churchtown, Clatterbridge, Claughton, Clifton Park, Clock Face, Clubmoor, Court Hey, Cowley Hill, Crank, Cressington, Cressington Park, Cronton, Crosby, Cross Hill, Crossens, Crow Lane, Croxteth Park, Cunscough, Dacre Hill, Dawpool, Dentons Green, Derbyshire Hill, Devonshire Park, Dibbinsdale, Dingle, Dog and Gun, Dovecot, Downall Green, Earlestown, Eastham, Eastham Ferry, Eccleston, Eccleston Park, Edge Hill, Egerton Park, Egremont, Elm Park, Everton, Fairfield, Fazakerley, Fincham, Flaybrick Hill, Ford, Formby, Frankby, Freshfield, Fulwood Park, Garston, Garswood, Gateacre, Gayton, Gerards Bridge, Gillars Green, Gillmoss, Gore Houses, Grange, Grassendale, Greasby, Great Crosby, Great Meols, Green Bank, Green Leach, Gustavus Hillock, Hale Bank, Hale Heath, Halebank, Halewood, Halsnead, Haresfinch, Hargrave, Harrison Park, Hartleys Village, Hatton Hill, Havannah, Haydock, Heatherfield, Heathfield, Heswall, Heswall Hill, Higher Bebington, Higher Tranmere, Highpark, Hightown, Hill Top, Hillside, Holmfield, Holt, Homer Green, Hooton, Hooton Green, Horn Smithies, Hoylake, Hunts Cross, Huyton, Huyton Farm, Huyton Park, Huyton Quarry, Hydes Brow, Ince Blundell, Irby, Irby Heath, Irby Hill, Kennessee, Kennessee Green, Kensington, Kings Moss, Kirby Park, Kirkby, Kirkdale, Knotty Ash, Knowsley, Knowsley Park, Lady Green, Land Houses, Landican, Lane Ends, Larton, Lea Green, Leach Green, Leasowe, Lime Vale, Linacre, Lingham, Liscard, Litherland, Little Altcar, Little Bongs, Little Briton, Little Crosby, Little Storeton, Liverpool, Longview, Lower Bebington, Lunt, Lydiate, Maghull, Maidens Bower, Marshalls Cross, Marshside, Melling, Meols Cop, Mersey Park, Micklehead Green, Mill Yard, Moor Park, Moreton and Saughall Massie, Moss Bank, Moss Cottages, Moss Nook, Moss Side, Mossborough, Mossley Hill, Muncaster, Netherton, New Boston, New Brighton, New Ferry, New Ferry Park, Newton, Newton Common, Newton in Makerfield, Newton-le-Willows, Newtown, Noctorum, Norris Green, North Egremont, North End, North Florida, Oak Hill Park, Oak Vale Park, Oakdale, Oglet, Old Boston, Old Roan, Old Swan, Oldfield, Olive Mount, Orrell, Orrell Park, Otterspool, Overchurch, Oxton, Page Moss, Park Hill, Parkfield, Parr, Parr Stocks, Peasley Cross, Pensby, Pewfall, Platts Bridge, Plymyard, Pocket Nook, Port Rainbow, Port Sunlight, Portico, Poulton, Prenton, Prescot, Princes Park, Raby, Rainford, Rainford Junction, Rainhill, Rakes Lane, Randle, Raven Meols, Ravenhead, Red Brow, Richmond, Roby, Rock Ferry, Rock Park, Sandfield Park, Sandhey, Sandheys, Sandown Park, Saughall Massie, Saughall Massie (Moreton and s, Seacombe, Seaforth, Sefton, Sefton Park, Seneley Green, Simms Lane End, Somerville, South Egremont, Southdene, Southport, Speke, Spital, Springwood, St Anns, St Lukes, St Michaels Hamlet, Stanley, Stanley Park, Stanton, Stoneycroft, Storeton, Sutton, Sutton Heath, Sutton Leach, Sutton Manor, Sutton Oak, Swanside, Tarbock, Thatto Heath, The Heys, The Holt, The Old Village, The Slack, The Stoops, The Vron, Thingwall, Thornton, Thornton Hough, Three Lanes End, Thurstaston, Town End, Toxteth Park, Trafalgar, Tue Brook, Tuebrook, Upton, Vale Park, Victoria Park, Vitriol Square, Vulcan Village, Waddicar, Wallasey, Walton, Walton on the Hill, Warbreck Park, Wargrave, Warren Park, Waterloo, Waterloo Park, Wavertree, Wavertree Nook, West Derby, West Kirby, West Park, Westvale, Whiston, Whitefield Lane End, Windle, Windlehurst, Windles Green, Windsor, Woodchurch, Woodend, Woodend Park, Woodhey, Woodside, Woodvale, Woolfall Heath, Woolton, Worsley Brow.

Cheers for that - I'll cherry pick the biggest districts and leave the small ones out

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Cheers for that - I'll cherry pick the biggest districts and leave the small ones out
    Hi Cadfael

The best of luck to you with your project.

Right at the start of the list that JMLE posted, I have to question if both "Aigburth" and "Aigburth Vale" should be listed. Also, isn't Otterspool technically part of Aigburth? I suppose it depends on one's perspective. It might depend how the council views the districts of the city. I think I am right in saying that "Otterspool" is designated on street signs but I might be wrong.

All the best

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Where is Vauxhall. The scottie press asked a while ago did it exist????

Some of those above are Maghull and Wirral though JMLE did say Merseyside so he's right. Never even heard of some of them like Somerville. Didn't he sing with the Communards?

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Some of those above are Maghull and Wirral though JMLE did say Merseyside so he's right. Never even heard of some of them like Somerville. Didn't he sing with the Communards?
    Haha I got Windows 7 and did the Bing map search using IE8? and its err, just outside Boston in the states!

No listing for England, must be obsolete or only on old maps at least?

Thanks. I'm in the middle of putting together a website which brings nearly every link (well, all the decent ones!) together, news, weather, local stuff, and then concentrating on every single district so it's going to be a 40+ page site.

It's also taking advertising too so if you are interested in putting a paid logo on the site then PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by H_Asbo View Post
    Haha I got Windows 7 and did the Bing map search using IE8? and its err, just outside Boston in the states!

No listing for England, must be obsolete or only on old maps at least?
    I wouldn't rely on Bing - he's been dead for years

John

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Does anyone have a difinative list of our Liverpool Districts?

There seems to be a wide range on the net, some which miss out the smaller ones and some which fail to recognise larger areas!

My reason for asking is that I'm designing a website and need a list of all Districts in Liverpool - but how far do I go?

Would you be offended if you lived in Thingwall and was classed as Knotty Ash or similer if you lived in Bowring Park and were classed as Huyton?
    There are many districts in Liverpool. Most of these have no recognised boundaries and others have disappeared from common usage but can still be found on maps. So I'd simply go for the historic Township boundaries based on Church of England Parish boundaries and if need be include some of the sub districts. Don't get confused by modern estate agent speak based on post codes. If it's L17, then it must be Aigburth etc etc

Little Briton! There you go Pabs, fits with the picture you posted yesterday mincing around. LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    That's really Poulton over here. There used to be a Somerville school.

Quote Originally Posted by danensis View Post
    I wouldn't rely on Bing - he's been dead for years

John
    Is that little bings?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    Little Briton! There you go Pabs, fits with the picture you posted yesterday mincing around. LOL
    I was sent messages from all over the World asying how sexy I looked.

The Australians have invited me over to dance for them.