Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beatles

John(Zappa)

Default adulthood

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Do me a favour Zappa...shut up and grow up..OK...
    Lets move on cause I cant be arsed with you or the shi te you come out with.
    Am not in the habit of doing people like you favours just because you don't understand different opinions.You have to be abusive.
    I do pity people like yourself.
    If you'd taken time to read what I had written I did say that I was glad that the Beatles where there for those who appreciate them.
    So no problems here!!!

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    Am not in the habit of doing people like you favours just because you don't understand different opinions.You have to be abusive.
    I do pity people like yourself.
    If you'd taken time to read what I had written I did say that I was glad that the Beatles where there for those who appreciate them.
    So no problems here!!!

Good fer you..Eee rrr..Put them in yer pot and Listen to yer Loony Tunes..
    End of yer little Wind up I'm afraid..
    Im right onto you.. MATE

John(Zappa)

hmmm me thinks i need to locate my scousology book as one no longer comprehends what one is disclosing a little toooooooooo scouse for me chummy

Although I don't wholeheartedly agree with his viewpoint, I can partly see where Frank is coming from. Personally I've got bored since I've lived in Liverpool of hearing/seeing stuff about the Beatles. It's almost done to excess. Personally I like some of their music, and have a good selection of Beatles tracks on i-tunes, but I'm not crazy about them.

I just think sometimes perhaps too much emphasis is given on them, as if they are a big reason why Liverpool is a great city. As we've seen in recent years, a pop act having a big following doesn't necessarily mean they are good musicians, but simply that they are marketed well by their management and label.

As I said, I like the music, I like the history, I like the story and I particularly liked the museum at the Albert Dock, but sometimes I can't help but think 'get over it - Liverpool has plenty of good stuff, past and present, why do we still need to obsess about the Beatles?'.

Sorry if that annoys anyone, just my two pence...

John(Zappa)

Thumbs up enough said

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    Although I don't wholeheartedly agree with his viewpoint, I can partly see where Frank is coming from. Personally I've got bored since I've lived in Liverpool of hearing/seeing stuff about the Beatles. It's almost done to excess. Personally I like some of their music, and have a good selection of Beatles tracks on i-tunes, but I'm not crazy about them.

I just think sometimes perhaps too much emphasis is given on them, as if they are a big reason why Liverpool is a great city. As we've seen in recent years, a pop act having a big following doesn't necessarily mean they are good musicians, but simply that they are marketed well by their management and label.

As I said, I like the music, I like the history, I like the story and I particularly liked the museum at the Albert Dock, but sometimes I can't help but think 'get over it - Liverpool has plenty of good stuff, past and present, why do we still need to obsess about the Beatles?'.

Sorry if that annoys anyone, just my two pence...
    WELL SAID.

You could always escape from them on a flight from Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Blog Entries

House Rules (in short)

Rule 1: Be Polite and friendly

Rule 2: Try to Stay on Topic

Rule 3: No Spam

I detail: Here

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Gerard

Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Gerard

Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 03:33 PM.

Hi all

I agree with Kev. Calm down everyone and be friends.

John, you might be interested to know that I spent part of my day on Saturday with a Liverpool fan from north London with whom I went to an Irish bar downtown to see LFC play Aston Villa. He was in the Baltimore area staying with relatives because he had come here specifically to see Frank Zappa's son Dweezil play his father's music in concert in "Zappa on Zappa" this past week.

He did though develop his love of music first through hearing the Beatles. I directed him to this thread and his comment was: "How anyone can say the Beatles were 'not even talented' is beyond me. I mean, whether you like them or not, the creative strides they made speak for themselves."

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Gididi Gididi Goo.

Ah yeah, the painted sign so it can't be stolen!!

Howie, yes, the airport is great for that. I've taken advantage of it on several occasions, although I take my i-pod incase I get withdrawal symptoms.

Gerard

Ah yeah, the painted sign so it can't be stolen!!

Howie, yes, the airport is great for that. I've taken advantage of it on several occasions, although I take my i-pod incase I get withdrawal symptoms.

Yeahh the painted sign..Why the sarcasm snappel ??

Sarcasm? I did actually listen to The Beatles on my mp3 player during my last flight out of John Lennon, only a couple of months back.

Gerard

Sarcasm? I did actually listen to The Beatles on my mp3 player during my last flight out of John Lennon, only a couple of months back.

Now answer the question if you dont mind..
    Whats with the sarcy remark about the painted sign.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast