Dear All,

I'm interested in my IRELAND family roots and have been gathering bits of info for years. My dad Thomas IRELAND b. 1936 and still in shock to find out that his paternal gran had married twice (the 1911 census is a wonderous thing)! His dad was Harold b. Widnes 1888 and didn't share this information with him.

Evelyn IRELAND nee APPLETON b. 1859 in Barnton, Cheshire married (1887) Thomas IRELAND b. 1861 into a house in Halton View, Widnes.
Evelyn married John ALLISON from Lincolnshire in 1909 and he died in 1913 ? she wasn?t very lucky with her men. They were married in Liverpool which is strange as she lived in Halton View Road from her marriage to Thomas until her death in 1930. John declared himself as resident in Halton View Road & she claimed to live in Liverpool.

Thomas (b. 1861, d. 1894) was the son of Thomas IRELAND (b. 1816 Much Woolton, d. 1893) and Elisabeth (b. Widnes 1828) married in Rainhill in 1854. Thomas the elder was a farmer and had (in 1861 census) 2? acres in Halton View.
I think Thomas the elder is the one listed as living with his parents (Thomas born 1771 and Ellen) in Speke on the 1841 census. By 1851 Thomas has moved to Widnes with his mother and two sisters (Ellen, 35 and Margaret, 45).

This is as far back as I have managed to go as there seem to be so many Thomas IRELANDs around!

Any more help on the IRELAND family would be gratefully received?

Thanks,
Val