Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: London Road Area

Default London Road Area

Good to see all the regeneration going on in Liverpool. However isn't it time something was done with London Road?
    The magifence of St George's Hall is overshadowed by this tatty dump.

I know it has improved slightly but it still needs more and nothing ever gets done.

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban
    Good to see all the regeneration going on in Liverpool. However isn't it time something was done with London Road?
    The magifence of St George's Hall is overshadowed by this tatty dump.

I know it has improved slightly but it still needs more and nothing ever gets done.
    The only thing that has improved there is Pembroke Place. The road and most of the neighbouring streets are an absolute mess.

Islington and New Islington should also be planted up. That road is also scruffy and is also the major way into the city from the East too. Surely a few trees wouldn't go a miss?

Blog Entries

Deffinately in need of some regeneration. The area behind TJ's has plans I'm sure....
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

A.D.Williams

Corner of London Road and Anson Street(?) last weekend.

A.D.Williams

London Road and Moss Street last weekend.

Yeh there is an improvement at the top end but the bottom end by the Odeon is a disgrace.
    The shops on the side opposite the Odeon are terrible and give a very bad impression to anyone coming into the city by coach at Norton Street

Blog Entries

Thanks for the snaps Dave, that pub has been derelict for years! Glad to see some stuff going on.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

A.D.Williams

Yeh there is an improvement at the top end but the bottom end by the Odeon is a disgrace.
    The shops on the side opposite the Odeon are terrible and give a very bad impression to anyone coming into the city by coach at Norton Street

They'd be lovely done up I wish the council would get a move on.

But it's the same story on Lime Street. The Astoria Cinemar and all that row is a bit tatty too. Especially now that the old Astoria has ads all over it.

Another slighty grotty area (just off London Road actually) is Seymour Street. Alright, they have renovated the Georgian terrace but the land opposite is crying out for development. Especially now that St Vincent's Way is now disused so to speak.

Why won't the Liverpool Land Company do more to get sites like these built upon? This is a prime city centre location which is being left to become overgrown. Infact most of London Road is being left to rot away which is bad because the location is just fantastic!

I agree totally.

Lime Street itself could be better too. The stretch between the empty ABC cinema and the Adelphi is appalling. I never go down there very often because it is a nothing area with no attraction, in fact it hasn't declined it has always been like that. Why doesn't the council do something about it.

Blog Entries

I agree totally.

Lime Street itself could be better too. The stretch between the empty ABC cinema and the Adelphi is appalling. I never go down there very often because it is a nothing area with no attraction, in fact it hasn't declined it has always been like that. Why doesn't the council do something about it.
    I think a well known footy player wanted to restore the corner ex-cinema and turn it into a bar for c of c year but the council said no......
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    I think a well known footy player wanted to restore the corner ex-cinema and turn it into a bar for c of c year but the council said no......
    Typical! Why does the council have to block, good, sound plans. Footballers can raise the profile of any grotty area. Surely a development such as that would have kicksarted the regeneration of the Lime Street area!

A.D.Williams

I agree totally.

i dont think land should neccessarily be built on just for the sake of it.Thats been happening for too long now everywhere!.There is too much pressure being put on developers i feel,to just build build build on any spare land people dont like the look of.
    I would like to see some of these areas (grot spots)& we all have them,put to other use such as community allotments,or even just grassed over,if only to improve the appearance of the area.The local authority should force the owners of the land to maintain it,or face financial penalties.
    I don't know if its being done already but someone from the City Council needs to go around identifying land that is looking drab & identifying who owns the land in readiness for 2008.
    Lets concentrate on bringing some of the existing buildings back into use first,before building elsewhere just for the sake of it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast